We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Panasonic TH-42PX70BA restarting problem
moneysaver
Posts: 851 Forumite
in Techie Stuff
Hi,
I have a Panasonic TH-42PX70BA plasma. About 3wks ago After having the tv on for a few hours the TV is displaying the info bar top left hand side of screen, sometimes on an AV channel switches back to the TV and in worst case scenario the TV turns off, and then turns back on.
During this cycle of strange behaviour the TV doesnt seem to respond to remote control requests and seems lagged as they eventually follow afterwards.
I have been on another forum & seen lots of people having the same problems. A lot of users have suggested to try a reset to shipping condition which I done 10 days ago. The tv was working fine up until last night when it started again.
Has anyone on this forum had it happen to them with this tv, or anyone any ideas what to try next?
My tv still has 3rys warranty left, so I might get in touch with the shop to get it looked at if all else fails.
Thanks
Moneysaver
I have a Panasonic TH-42PX70BA plasma. About 3wks ago After having the tv on for a few hours the TV is displaying the info bar top left hand side of screen, sometimes on an AV channel switches back to the TV and in worst case scenario the TV turns off, and then turns back on.
During this cycle of strange behaviour the TV doesnt seem to respond to remote control requests and seems lagged as they eventually follow afterwards.
I have been on another forum & seen lots of people having the same problems. A lot of users have suggested to try a reset to shipping condition which I done 10 days ago. The tv was working fine up until last night when it started again.
Has anyone on this forum had it happen to them with this tv, or anyone any ideas what to try next?
My tv still has 3rys warranty left, so I might get in touch with the shop to get it looked at if all else fails.
Thanks
Moneysaver
0
Comments
-
definitely contact the shop... it doesn't sound right. For some TVs you can update the firmware so maybe this may fix the problem. This is obviously done at your own risk but I would contact the shop first.0
-
If you're on AVForums.com you'll get much better specific information there. But it does sound like a buggy firmware which can be easily fixed, unless something is overheating. Only thing I can think of to do yourself is to look at the back of the TV, find the fan(s) and make sure they're running. Mine are at each side at the top. Unless you find a firmware that you're comfortable flashing yourself, looks like the dealer will have to sort it out for you.0
-
"" the TV turns off, and then turns back on ""
- PSU board or EEPROM
"" During this cycle of strange behaviour the TV doesnt seem to respond to remote control requests and seems lagged as they eventually follow afterwards ""
- It can't respond, it's trying to re-boot and read it's EEPROM
"" Has anyone on this forum had it happen to them with this tv, or anyone any ideas what to try next? ""
- Yes me, recently with a Samsung
"" My tv still has 3rys warranty left, so I might get in touch with the shop to get it looked at if all else fails ""
- do it now, and hope your warranty is not with someone like Curry's etc, get it in for repair.
Does it make a clicking noise when it's trying to re-boot ?.
I was astonished to find that Samsung use 7000 hour capacitors in their PSU's thats : -
3 years for an average family ~or~ 1 year and 23 days for a pensioner, there are millions of these [ LCD & Plasma ] of all different brands broken, and in particular Samsung, deny it's their problem !
Read your warranty, and get in touch to have it checked out. At (£ish) trade price a PSU board is £120 an EEPROM is £15 and the capacitors cost £2.50 from Maplins.
Hope you get it sortedDisclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ0 -
Thanks for the reply's.
The warranty is with John Lewis so it should be ok. I will give them a call & see what they say.
Thanks
Moneysaver0 -
moneysaver wrote: »Thanks for the reply's.
The warranty is with John Lewis so it should be ok. I will give them a call & see what they say.
Thanks
Moneysaver
That's one of the very few ' gold standard ' companies, but still best to get it looked at now.Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
