PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Have i made a mistake?

Options
I got my mortgage aproved in principle
Found a house that i liked
Made an offer which got excepted
i have signed the paperwork for the mortgage andpaid for the valuation fees - survey should be done in the next few days...

We have been viewing other properties and my wife has fallen in love with one of them....

noe i hear deals fall through all the time - usually for what reasons?

and what should i do?

Comments

• looby-loo_2
    Options
    SamUK wrote: »
    I got my mortgage aproved in principle
    Found a house that i liked
    Made an offer which got excepted
    i have signed the paperwork for the mortgage andpaid for the valuation fees - survey should be done in the next few days...

We have been viewing other properties and my wife has fallen in love with one of them....

noe i hear deals fall through all the time - usually for what reasons?

and what should i do?

I couldn't help but notice "Found a house that i liked" - you should have checked with the wife.

I would cut your losses now and find one you both like.
    Doing voluntary work overseas for as long as it takes .......
    My DD might make the odd post for me
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 19 February 2010 at 12:31AM
    Options
    Do you mean the house your wife has fallen in love with is not the one you have started the purchase on? Deals fall through for all sorts of reasons, people cant get a mortgage, the survey comes back with some horrors on it, the chain breaks down. If you really arent going to be happy in the house you have started purchasing then you may have to cut your losses. You couldnt have been over keen if you have continued viewing other places.
  • SamUK
    SamUK Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    opps...we both liked the house we are about to buy, which is a two bed house fairly small...

she has found a large 3 bed house for the same cost...and i did like it also..

i guess we should go view the house again that we have bought...as there were reasons for buying..

and i guess stop viewing more houses, unless th survey report does bring something back we dnt like.
  • Eric1
    Eric1 Posts: 490 Forumite
    Options
    and my wife has fallen in love with one of them....
    Well, all's fair in love and war.
    According to thefreedictionary, "Prov. Clich! In some situations, such as when you are in love or waging war, you are allowed to be deceitful in order to get what you want. (Often said as an excuse for deception.)"
    :)
  • Kittenonthekeys
    Options
    OP, you're a seller's dream! :T
  • frafferty
    Options
    I do hope you are not buying my house :eek:
  • Philippa36
    Philippa36 Posts: 6,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can pull out of the sale anytime before you exchange without penalties (apart from the costs you've already paid).

Very annoying for the seller though. Why were you still looking at property when you'd made an offer?
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    Kurt Vonnegut
  • iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Options
    i guess we should go view the house again that we have bought...

You haven't bought it yet ;)
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • dander
    dander Posts: 1,782 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can drop out any time up until exchange, but you'll lose all the money you've spent on the purchase so far. For your own sanity, in future, once you've made a decision, stop viewing other houses!
  • chappers
    chappers Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Options
    I would try and stop the valuation survey and stop wasting your money and everyone elses time until you find a place you actually want to buy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport