🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Card Insurance against loss or theft.

Options
smiffy
smiffy Posts: 173 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
I'm travelling for the next few weeks, and have opened a nationwide account fot their good deal on currency conversion.

I dont have any insurance just for credit card theft - you know the sort of thing that each card hold trys to sell you from time to time. Is it necessary? If so who does it best?

thanks

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't need insurance for credit card theft.
    Most of the cards T&C specify that you are only liable for the first £50 of any unauthorised spending (although I've never heard of a company claiming this), provided you take care with your cards.
    What I do is keep a list of credit card numbers and emergency telephone numbers seperate from my money and wallet in case of emergency. I also leave a list at home so that a friend or family member can access if necessary.
    I have recently signed up with Sentinel but only because it came free with the type of account I had. I would not pay for this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport