PPi Broker or lender?

Options
Can anyone help? We have a secured loan from Feb 2003 from EPF and we are in the process of claiming back PPI. We had a reply back today to our inital letter stating that we did in fact arrange the loan through CENTRAL CAPITAL W
who i guess are the brokers and we need to take up our complaint with them and that it has nothing to do with them CAN anyone tell me who is utimately responsible I have found a letter from 2003 from independent finance with the same address as CENTRAL CAPITAl g uessing they are the same.What do we do now
:eek:

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    ssbjham wrote: »
    Can anyone help? We have a secured loan from Feb 2003 from EPF and we are in the process of claiming back PPI. We had a reply back today to our inital letter stating that we did in fact arrange the loan through CENTRAL CAPITAL W
    who i guess are the brokers and we need to take up our complaint with them and that it has nothing to do with them CAN anyone tell me who is utimately responsible I have found a letter from 2003 from independent finance with the same address as CENTRAL CAPITAl g uessing they are the same.What do we do now
    :eek:

Hi and welcome.

I also had a loan with EPF in 2004.
    Yes write to the broker who sold you the loan as you did with EPF.

I also wrote to my broker who sold the loan but they had dissolved, however, am going the insurer direction now as a last direction as many who are in this situation of if the finance was not regulated by either GISC or FSA when they taken over in Jan 2005, the insurer/underwriter would have been protected by these.

Mine is actually with the financial ombudsman service (FOS) right now as the insurer Hamilton would not accept liability, but with them being protected when the loan was taken out the FOS should be able to investigate. The FOS are also now trying to make the insurer/underwriter responsible as well, so its another direction to take if all else fails.
    I actually received a letter from the FOS just recently to inform me that my case is being moved on to an adjudicator.

Good luck, write to the broker and take it from there, but please keep us posted so we can take the next step if required.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • ssbjham
    ssbjham Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you for your superfast reply.I will post my letter to Central Capital tomorrow but to be honest this is the first I heard of them I 've been looking through my papers and it looks like it was insured by BFC which then changed to Hamiltons I,ve had no correspondance fronm Cental capital .When I sent my letter off to EPF I did send a copy to Hamiltons as well (no response as yet).Do I send to CC tomorrow and then wait?
    I'll post again with further news when received.
    Do you know if Hamilton was protected in Feb 2003 ?
  • di3004
    Options
    ssbjham wrote: »
    Thank you for your superfast reply.I will post my letter to Central Capital tomorrow but to be honest this is the first I heard of them I 've been looking through my papers and it looks like it was insured by BFC which then changed to Hamiltons I,ve had no correspondance fronm Cental capital .When I sent my letter off to EPF I did send a copy to Hamiltons as well (no response as yet).Do I send to CC tomorrow and then wait?
    I'll post again with further news when received.
    Do you know if Hamilton was protected in Feb 2003 ?

Hi hun and your welcome.:)

Yes see what CC come back with and hopefully these may have been governed when you taken out the loan, but if they do not deal with it and come back to say your unable to take to the FOS because of them not being regulated when you taken it out, then move on to the insurer the same was as you are doing with these.

I am aware that the all insurers are protected no matter when the loan was taken out.;)
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi hun and your welcome.:)

Yes see what CC come back with and hopefully these may have been governed when you taken out the loan, but if they do not deal with it and come back to say your unable to take to the FOS because of them not being regulated when you taken it out, then move on to the insurer the same was as you are doing with these.

I am aware that the all insurers are protected no matter when the loan was taken out.;)
    Di, i noticed you said yours was being passed to an adjudicator? How long is that then now since you actually passed it over to FOS. (taking into account the 8 weeks or the final response etc) and taking it from there.

This seems to me like FOS are working very quick then. Mine was there 13 months in all from start to finish.
  • di3004
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Di, i noticed you said yours was being passed to an adjudicator? How long is that then now since you actually passed it over to FOS. (taking into account the 8 weeks or the final response etc) and taking it from there.

This seems to me like FOS are working very quick then. Mine was there 13 months in all from start to finish.

Hi Marshallka.

Received a letter a few days ago to let us know it is now waiting to be passed on to an adjudicator, don't think its actually there yet though.

Think it was about October 09 time when it was with the FOS, but the FOS asked me to submit the case to them to find out whom to pursue this with then they wrote to them, because at the time we did not know whether to take this up with HFC or Hamilton.
    So as it was the FOS who dealt with this after receiving response back from Hamilton it was HFC - the FOS looked into who to take this to, where they write to them on our behalf.

A letter previous to that was that they were waiting for information from Hamilton.

Then they go on to say they will be on touch when its actually passed on.;)
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi Marshallka.

Received a letter a few days ago to let us know it is now waiting to be passed on to an adjudicator, don't think its actually there yet though.

Think it was about October 09 time when it was with the FOS, but the FOS asked me to submit the case to them to find out whom to pursue this with then they wrote to them, because at the time we did not know whether to take this up with HFC or Hamilton.
    So as it was the FOS who dealt with this after receiving response back from Hamilton it was HFC - the FOS looked into who to take this to, where they write to them on our behalf.

A letter previous to that was that they were waiting for information from Hamilton.

Then they go on to say they will be on touch when its actually passed on.;)
    So approximately 2 months then. That is quick.
  • di3004
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    So approximately 2 months then. That is quick.

Yeah I suppose October would not be included then as it was the FOS who ended up writing to them.

Even though its not yet passed on, but they said they will write to let us know when this have been passed on, so may still be waiting some time before it is.;)
  • halphy
    halphy Posts: 593 Forumite
    Options
    Just been searching BFC nd noticed this post, Di did u send a questionnaire to BFC, And are they a different name now?
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Andy_Boro_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    edited 2 August 2010 at 6:39PM
    Options
    i want to know Di's update on this what happened?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport