PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Transferring money from Poland

Options
I recently sold a property in Poland and want to bring the money back to the UK - some years ago I used a firm in the north to transfer the money and get a better rate but they seem to have vanished.

I have seen loads of companies on the internet but who is the best and I heard they have to be FSA regulated now?

Comments

• currencyman76
    Options
    you're better off using a broker then the bank. Have always found currencyuk.co.uk and moneycorp.com to be the better brokers. They will get you to transfer the zloty into a currency account and then transfer it into GBP for you.

They are definitely both FSA regulated and customer service is really good at both firms
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Options
    We did it through the bank, it cost us £25 fix rate. We transfered appr. £27.000-exchange rate was the bank's daily exchange rate. It took 5 working days to appear on our bank account.
  • jay7_2
    jay7_2 Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    I had a look at HiFX since I want to transfer 41k Euro from Slovakia to the UK in a near future. According to their calculator I should get around £1000 more than what I'd get if I did a bank transfer. Haven't tried it yet so can't recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport