We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Part prices rip-off
Comments
-
With the exception of a lock barrel which I had built up, I've never bought any part from a dealer. I prefer to support the local motor factor
Proud of who, and what, I am. :female::male::cool:0 -
With my older cars I used to get bits from scrap/breakers yards. I remember my old MkIV Golf had a wingmirror knocked off, VW wanted almost £300 for a new mirror casing and mirror (That didn't even cover the electric bit!), I went to a local scrappies and got exactly what I needed for £7.
Bargain ahoy!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards