We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Ordered Compaq 615 notebook, now out of stock and..

The company are offering to send an Acer Extensa 5625z as an alternative.

I'm not at all technically minded and I'm not sure if I should accept this or not. (The order is through buymobilephones.net and is a 'free' gift along side a mobile phone contract).

The Lady from buymobilephones.net says that the 2 laptops are the same spec - But I can't find any info on the Acer Extensa 5625z on the web.

I just wondered if anyone might know if the Acer is a good enought replacement for the Compaq?

Comments

  • bellrooster
    bellrooster Posts: 1,030
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh I hate to bump my own thread but I'm really at a bit of a quandary about wether to accept the Acer as a replacement.

    Anyone got any thoughts?

    Thank you!
  • The Acer Extensa on their site is a rather old model with a slow single core Celeron - this type of laptop was being knocked out for around £280 about 6 months ago, though not necessarily this model. The Compaq seems to have a much better dual core Athlon processor which can be found for £339 but tends to be a bit more.

    So it doesn't look like they are the same specs at all. The Lenovo G550 is closer. I wouldn't accept the Acer as a replacement.
  • bellrooster
    bellrooster Posts: 1,030
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    thank you Grahawk!

    Right ok, So'll I'll get back to Buymobilephones and see if they can come up with anything better.
  • bellrooster
    bellrooster Posts: 1,030
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It might sound bonkers, but I'm starting to wonder if the Acer Extensa 5625z even exisits. There's hardly any mention of it when I google it, and I can't find it for sale anywhere! Though there is an Acer Extensa 5635z.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.