Help with credit report please!

Options
Hi

I hope someone can help. I have just received my experian credit report after being turned down for a A&L bank account based on my credit file.

I had a egg credit card in 1999 and ran up a debt when I lost my job, before it went to a debt agency my brother loaned me the money to pay the amount off in full. This is now showing on my file as settled in 2002 so I assume this will disappear after 6 years but the status still says 0 = payment up to date and not D = No amount owed, account is closed.

Is this correct or should I write to egg card to get this changed?

Also I noticed they have me down as receiving a second egg card in 2001, which I did not receive. I remember applying for it and getting a pin number but no card and phoning them to tell them this.
As I did not hear anymore I assumed this card was never set up, but low and behold it is on my credit report - can I get this removed totally as I did not know anything about it?

Also I have a CCJ on my public record dated 2003 and I have no idea what it is for, so I will write to the court involved and ask for the details.

Sorry to go on, but any advice greatly appreciated!
Sam

Comments

• Imokty
    Imokty Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    D= default. If Egg did not send you a default notice (which they are required by law to do) then there's nothing to be changed - your credit file reflects the correct information, the account is settled, no default.

As for the second egg card, is the account still active? If so, get it closed.

The CCJ is probably what has hammered your credit rating. If you know nothing about it, you could apply to the Court to get it set aside and it would then come off your credit file at least until the creditor obtained judgement again or you pay the debt assuming you owe it.
  • jonnyb
    jonnyb Posts: 599 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    D does not = default, at least on Experian credit files.

a default is indicated by a status 8. D usually indicates a period of dormancy.

sounds to me like the the CCJ has caused the problem, as Imotky suggests.

similar thing happened to my friend; the CCJ turned out to be from the DVLA, after he scrapped a car but they did not receive the paperwork he posted them. He had no idea about it.
    Karma is a wonderful thing. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport