🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Application for a new cr.c.

Options
Hi there,

I'm about to apply for a new cr. card and do BT, they asking for bank details. Do I have to fill that bit in in order to get through?
taj
DMP started 2/2007
DMP Mutual support #136
DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:

Comments

• Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    How long you have been with a bank is a credit rating factor. Banks state they exchange information amoungst themselves so they can (but not necessarily do) contact each other with the details you provide to validate what you have said - if you lie on something as basic as that then it makes the rest of your form look very ropey.
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • tomandjerry
    tomandjerry Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Astaroth wrote:
    How long you have been with a bank is a credit rating factor. Banks state they exchange information amoungst themselves so they can (but not necessarily do) contact each other with the details you provide to validate what you have said - if you lie on something as basic as that then it makes the rest of your form look very ropey.

I'm not with this bank. I want to apply for a new c.c. as they have pretty good offer for BT.
    taj.
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
    DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
  • Astaroth
    Astaroth Posts: 5,444 Forumite
    Options
    As I said, with a bank not necessarily the bank you are applying for a card from (esp as some card issuers dont offer current accounts)
    All posts made are simply my own opinions and are neither professional advice nor the opinions of my employers
    No Advertising or Links in Signatures by Site Rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family