Loans.co.uk /First Plus = help??

Options
Hi

I am a little confused I took out a loan with FP and when I tried to get the PPI back they advise I should contact LCUK so I have and unsuccessfully waiting for over a year to get anywhere and still waiting. :(

Should it be FP refunding me the PPI or LCUK as I pay the money to FP and not LCUK.

The FOS called me today to say they are passing my case over for a full adjudication and it is not to say it will be upheld so am waiting fingers and legs and everything I can possibly cross to hear if I will get this back it is in excess of £10k and really could be doing with it.

X
:jLiving Life to the Full :)

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I am a little confused I took out a loan with FP and when I tried to get the PPI back they advise I should contact LCUK so I have and unsuccessfully waiting for over a year to get anywhere and still waiting. :(

Should it be FP refunding me the PPI or LCUK as I pay the money to FP and not LCUK.

The FOS called me today to say they are passing my case over for a full adjudication and it is not to say it will be upheld so am waiting fingers and legs and everything I can possibly cross to hear if I will get this back it is in excess of £10k and really could be doing with it.

X

Hi hun

Not heard of them before to be honest.

So for the curiosity of it then, FP are stating then its not down to them because they did not sell you the loan and it was LCUK?
    They are not the insurers of the policy by any chance are they?

Sorry If I have mis read on this.

Fingers crossed with the FOS, hope it will all go your way now.

I think the FOS say that as a matter of procedures........I think, maybe someone will clarify on this.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • tiggrae
    tiggrae Posts: 1,771 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

X
    loans.co.uk are an intermediary for first plus - you may not have known it when you called first plus but your call may have been processed by LCUK they 'sold' you the policy and as such you should reclaim from them
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

X
    Was your complaint then originally against Loans.co.uk or did FOS accept it against FP?? It would be against Loans.co.uk if they sold you the insurance.
  • skintmumofone
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Was your complaint then originally against Loans.co.uk or did FOS accept it against FP?? It would be against Loans.co.uk if they sold you the insurance.

I originally wrote to FP in Feb 2009 to be palmed off constantly by them that it was LCUk so when I contacted them I never heard from them for 8 wks which was fine then they said I wasnt mis=sold the second one and they sent a recording which did say I wanted it duh! Anyway I realised they had only insured me for the policy and I had wanted it to be my dh but I had adequate insurance from my employers but dh didnt. They stated they would not be upholding my complaint and I could pass to the FOS if I wanted but they said even the FOS would not uphold it due to the evidence. Got an adjudicator in January 2010 waited all that time and they said they would pay the 1st one but not the 2nd he had emailed LCUK 10 times and not once got a reply so he said he was sneding it for a full adjudication he said it didnt necessarily mean it would be upheld but if I put a strong case forward of hardship etc I may get it back.

To be honest I am not holding out much hope for it as they have farted about for a year now and have no intention of paying anything back unless told otherwise by the FOS.

It s so frustrating when I read on the forums that other people have had no problems and they have paid out I think I am jinxed lol If they dont pay it out I get it back next June but hey its not the same and its the principal of the matter. I want my money back plus the interest and compensation dont want much eh! :rotfl:

FOS said the 1st one was about right but the only thing they didnt do was add the 8% interest onto the figure but I am fed up waiting for them so we accepted the first one but not the 2nd.

And so the saga continues........
  • skintmumofone
    Options
    still waiting on the FOS coming back to me LCUK have rejected my claim again and they have sent a new one to them and they have 3 wks to accept or it will go to the Ombudsman am not sure whether it will be upheld now? Have been trying to get this back since February 2009 which is about 19 months and no further forward.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport