Beware of Egg!

Options
Beware of Egg. I used their 0% BT offer and got automatic protection at about £24 a month (I do not remember any option on the application form that either mentioned this, or gave the option not to have it). I let it go over the 0% period (stupid, I know) and then BT'd it elsewhere. All the time my Egg card was at £0 balance, Egg continued to charge the £24 protection fee every month. Consequently, when I came to use it (several months later), I was already in debt. There is no way on the Egg site to cancel this. Now, after another BT, my minimum payment is about 4p less than the interest + the protection. I have not used this card in months, but my balance is a little higher (about £200) than the BT amount. I have applied for (and got) another card with a fixed rate for the life of the balance with no protection and, as soon as that recieves the Egg balance I will be cancelling Egg and NEVER will I ever use them again. I would never recommend Egg to anyone.

Comments

• jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you are 100% sure that you did not click on any boxes or forgot to click a box to cancel either when you applied for the card or when doing a balance transfer?
    If you are then write a letter of complaint saying you have been mis-sold the insurance and ask for the premiums to be returned to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure