late payment charges

Options
good evening all

this is our first post on here just to say that i sent all my card statements for june (3num) in view of the oft ruling on unfair and bad practice of £20.00 charges

got a letter from capital one basicly saying take a run and jump we make the rules not the oft

another letter from morgan stanley saying they have reviewed their late charges and will honour the oft ruling and my account will be credited to the tune of £276.40 yippee just goes to show if you dont ask you dont get

still waiting reply from tsb but in view of the fact we are in dispute ref account overchaging and have sent l b a i dont hold out much hope

cheers
carol and jimmy

Comments

• PeterPiper_3
    Options
    take them to court for it back.

visit here for some proper advice....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/
  • thanks peter
    i am not finished with capital one or the tsb yet mate
  • PeterPiper_3
    Options
    thanks peter
    i am not finished with capital one or the tsb yet mate

cool! be determined though, the banks are pretty good at detering most folk.

you will feel mixed emotions along the way, especially taking a big bank to the small claims court....that does feel good, especially when you get the confirmation in the post!!!

:)
  • just a thought just had a phone call from collection centre tsb ref late payment card explained to the lady that i am in dispute with tsb card ref late payment fees told her i wrote 2weeks ago and had no response and why should i pay for something i am disputing. she has informed me that i must keep up minimum payment whilst their "backlog " is dealt with.

does this mean everyone is disputing their charges if so "bring em on"
  • Loop
    Loop Posts: 2,717 Forumite
    Options
    me and my partner got refunds from Cap 1 and its cleared out balances.

I got £350 ish and he got £155.

The ERC department deal with refunds.

Consumeractiongroup has 40000+ members and has claimed over a million pounds so far!

I am currently claiming with HSBC and Barclays.

Go for it, it was the best thing I EVER did....
    :wall:Crazy Nutters Club Member 003 :wall:
  • BullyCornedBeef
    Options
    It really does show that if you dont ask you dont get. I went to my HSBC and said that charges were far to high and they gave me £25 back.

You could threaten legal action to Capital 1 in a new letter, I bet they would change their tune.

Well done on getting nearly £300 back. :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport