scottish power

Options
HELP- got caught in trap to switch 2 years ago -bills doubled and mounted been paying but they sent in nasty collectors who threaten to cut me off, even £450 hasnt stopped them. want the lot or else, they just sent new bill claiming they had done bills wrong and now want more??? HELP

Comments

• Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You need to phone them and keep talking, check you are on the best tarraf for your needs. Ask them to re check your account and decide on an action plan for any dept owed. Good luck, Julie
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • Wickedkitten
    Options
    HELP- got caught in trap to switch 2 years ago -bills doubled and mounted been paying but they sent in nasty collectors who threaten to cut me off, even £450 hasnt stopped them. want the lot or else, they just sent new bill claiming they had done bills wrong and now want more??? HELP
    I take it then that you have been receiving estimated bills the entire time? How much of the actual debt does the £450 that you are offering cover and how many payments have you missed or been late paying in the interim?
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi wintersgirl 69 - I've previously come across this re-billing situation with Scot. Power and it is almost impossible to relate the credit figures on the new bill for money already paid, against the total of the new bill

However the new bills were always wrong in at least one area
    When you look the bill it will list seperate credits for the fuel you have paid for, on both Electric & Gas, and then seperate credits against the VAT.you paid
    What should happen is that the credits against fuel paid for, should be deducted from the fuel costs on the bill before any further calculation, and then the VAT credit should be seperately deducted from the VAT liability on the new bill.
    But Scot power add all the credits together and deduct the total from the new bills total, which at the very least wrongly inflates the VAT charged on the new bill

If you find Scot. Power have done this WRITE a letter headed Complaint.asking for correct bills
    Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport