Urgent help needed please

Options
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me please?

I work at a small firm, 3 partners & 2 staff. They are at a meeting now deciding my fate and I am 99% sure I will be made redundant today. I have known that the company has been in financial difficulties for over a year now and I was told before Christmas that they were going to give it 3 months to turn the business around or else?? I have not been sat down and given a proper warning but I have been told things like 'if it doesnt pick up we will all be out of work'. As it is such a small firm the partners are quite open about it all.

I have been here for 4 and a half years. I have a contract which has been written in old fashioned english which no-one can understand. I would love to be able for someone in the know to have a look at it as I dont quite understand how long notice they have to give me.

The contract states under Termination (talks about illness etc first which would make me unfit to work).....'Provided always that if her employment shall be determined by reason of her conviction or prosecution for any offence other than fraud or dishonest misconduct but not otherwise she shall be entitled to such written notice as the company consider suitable such notice not being less than 90 days.'

Does this mean that if they tell me today I am to be made redundant then they must give me 90 days notice from today in writing? And if yes, I work for 3 months then receive redundancy pay or they finish me now with 3 months pay & redundancy pay?

I am so confused and in a panic. I just want to know my rights before they come back.

Also if they decide to close the office now and finish the business do the same rules apply? I dont think they will go down the bankrupcy route as they are Financial Advisers.

One of the partners said they only have to give me one months notice because I get paid monthly but I dont think this is right.

Can anyone help me please? Many thanks.
:idea: LBM 23-10-2009 - Total unsecured debt £39,638.65 _pale_

DMP starts 1-1-10 - DFD given August 2020 - but wanting to be DF by June 2016 _party_

DFW Long hauler Supporter #188 :wave:

Comments

• jazzyman01
    Options
    Given the date you are likely to know what the outcome of your meeting was. Yes you should be entitled to 3 months notice - they can opt to pay in lieu or make you work. Any redundancy would be 4 years @ £380 per year or salary which ever is the lower. 4 years would change depending on your age.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure