Just moved into our new house - Gas & Elec Supplier help

Options
Hello

We have just moved into our new house (gas & elect) and just wondering if someone could help us select the product. The new house already has SP as supplier. But there are too many products and tech details around pricing on the website. The customer service are not bery helpful as always.

we are 2 people - elec n gas consumption wont be too much just for heater and washing .. and would like to give regular metre reading (monthly or quarterly would be okay)

thanks in advance

bulktrans

Comments

• ankspon
    ankspon Posts: 2,371 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with SP dual fuel online energy 7,i think the latest one is 8,my last combined bill was £94,we give regular online readings and had no problem with customer services
  • bulktrans
    Options
    davidhwdn wrote: »
    I'm with SP dual fuel online energy 7,i think the latest one is 8,my last combined bill was £94,we give regular online readings and had no problem with customer services

thnx - is this product online? & is £94 one month bill?
  • ankspon
    Options
    Sorry it is online,you submit readings online and receive reminders when it's time to read your meter,My last bill was for just over 2 months as i decided to read my meters early,you don't have to wait 3 months if you don't want to,you can do it anytime.
  • bulktrans
    Options
    I just spoke to SP and they offered me discounted energy for £69 (gas and elec) till 1st dec 2010 and the capped till sept 2011 at approx £75..not sure what to do
  • ankspon
    Options
    bulktrans wrote: »
    I just spoke to SP and they offered me discounted energy for £69 (gas and elec) till 1st dec 2010 and the capped till sept 2011 at approx £75..not sure what to do
    Are these figures per month,i pay £54 per month but it goes up and down depending on your bills and how much credit or debit you have
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bulktrans wrote: »

Work out your annual consumption figures and go to one of the comparison sites recommended by MSE.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • bulktrans
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    Work out your annual consumption figures and go to one of the comparison sites recommended by MSE.

we have just moved in so dont know the annual consumption - earlier we had elec only that was around 60 odd monthly
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Assuming gas CH and single rate electricity, you could start with a UK average of 20,500Kwh for gas and 3,300 Kwh for electricity.
    Using estimated monthly spends will not give you an accurate comparison.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • bulktrans
    Options
    thnx i dont think the online energy 7 or 8 option is available in Scotland?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure