Do on use easytobook.com

Options
Easytobook.com caused my partner and I so many problems that it's hard to know where to begin but I will try to be as brief as possible.
We had a very important, white tie function in London to attend and decided to book an apartment through easytobook.com. My partner is recovering from a stroke and, as this was to be the first time we had been away in quite a while, we wanted to make it a very special, romantic weekend. With great expectations we boarded our train, bags stuffed full of champagne, cheeses, pate, smoked salmon, bread, candles, etc. Our plan was to have a lovely afternoon picnic, get ready for our function in comfort and generally relax. Not a lot to ask but easytobook.com made a wonderful job of destroying our weekend.
The problems began as we were on the train about twenty minutes from Paddington station. My partner received a phone call informing us that the heating was faulty at the apartment that we had booked but 'not to worry' as they had booked us a hotel instead. We were given an idea of where the hotel was and, as it was noisy on the train, my partner asked for the full address to be sent to us by text – it never arrived. Unable to get hold of easytobook.com, we spent nearly an hour looking for the hotel. When we eventually found it our hearts sank – it was a Travel Lodge. A particularly dirty, tired looking Travel Lodge with rude staff (when we arrived the manager was shouting at a guest for asking for more pillows!) With heavy hearts we tried to book in only to be told that not only was there no booking for us but that they were full! We eventually managed to get hold of easytobook.com and they asked to speak to the receptionist (using our mobile) and an argument ensued regarding who was to blame for the lack of booking. As this was clearly getting us nowhere, my partner asked for his phone back and asked easytobook.com to find us somewhere else. We then had to endure a half hour wait for easytobook.com to get back to us. They gave us the address of another apartment and, you've guessed it, it was the wrong address. It was at this point that easytobook.com stopped taking our calls. After twenty minutes of trying, my partner had the idea of using a different phone and, yes you've guessed again, it was picked up immediately. After much hassle we were given the correct address only to arrive and find the apartment locked. We rang again, and again, and again............we yet again used a different phone – yet again it was picked up immediately. After yet more hassle we were given the telephone number for the owner of the locked apartments who informed us that we had to pick the keys up from Camden Town, the opposite side of London. We now had ONE HOUR to find a room, get ready (and if you are a female who likes to get glammed up or a man that has ever tried to get into a white tie dinner suit quickly you will understand how panicked we were), find another cab and get to Mansion House. We ended up in a down market B&B, we got ready in twenty minutes, were late for the receiving line, (considered very bad manners and frowned upon) and missed most of the function as I suffered an epileptic seizure from the stress and badly damaged my elbow. My partner was also ill for days after we returned. We had to throw all our lovely food away and a miserable time was had by all. The moral of this story – DO NOT BOOK EASYTOBOOK.COM. In fact do not book through anyone for anything until you have scoured the net and read reviews. I have now and easytobook.com have been slated by many review sites. I wish I had seen them before booking!
I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has used this company. Thanks for reading.
Michelle

Comments

• Read as many reviews as you can on the web - then you'll NEVER use easytobook.

I was left stranded with no hotel and no help - or even the slightest desire to help.

Easytobook wouldn't reply to my calls or emails. Even the owner wouldn't reply - I found him on Linkedin and through a LOT of digging in Switzerland.

The UKs law enforcement agencies are powerless (I know as they have tried to help me) as easytobook has no offices here in the UK.

I am currently in dialogue with a cross borders European enforcement agency who I hope will be able to help.

This company is contemptable! :mad:
  • Easytobook_2
    Easytobook_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 31 March 2010 at 8:14AM
    Options
    Dear Andrew and Michelle,

We are very regretful to read about your experience.

Our reservations team was in touch with you as soon as they were notified about the incident, we are sorry your calls to the accommodation were unanswered. If we were called right away we might have saved you from this hardship. Nevertheless we feel responsible.

By the way, we would like to explain that we don’t have a 24h helpline. As we explain in our website, our lines are open from 9:00 to 22:00 on weekdays and from 11:00 to 19:00 on weekend.

As you may know, we contacted the Apartments requiring an explanation as soon as we were aware of the incident. After several emails from Easytobook, the apartments replied us explaining that they canceled your reservation due to an electricity problem and in consequence, they offered you 3 nearest Hotels. As you explained us later, the solution wasn’t feasible because the Apartments offered you one hotel which was also full, a second one that was miles away and you don’t recall anything about the third option. EasyToBook.com would have been happy to relocate you to any of our almost 1000 accommodations in London, which would have suited your needs.

Despite it was a shortfall of the Apartment, we regret that we could not have been more helpful and we trust you understand that we aim to offer our best. It is for this reason that we have contacted you to compensate you for the unforeseen expenses you incurred.

We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Best Regards,
    Joana Fuster
    EasyToBook.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills