Notice pay period.

Options
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me. I was made redundant from my job 3 weeks ago after 15 years of service, im currently in the process of claiming my redundancy pay back as the firm i worked for went into administration, and i am also aware that i can claim my notice pay back as well.

I am owed 12 weeks notice pay but have been told i can only claim for 8 weeks pay as this is the statutory limit. I managed to get a new job last week so i know that whatever im now earning will be deducted from the 8 weeks notice pay that i am entitled to, but my question is when do i recieve the claim form for notice pay, is it after the statutory 8 weeks or is it the 12 weeks notice that i would have worked had the firm not gone into administration, and will my next 12 weeks earnings from my new job be deducted from the 8 weeks notice pay im owed or will it be my next 8 weeks earnings from my new job that will be deducted.

Im hoping i dont have to wait the 12 weeks as i dont think this would be very fair if they are capping my notice to 8 weeks. any help would be much appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure