Balance Transfers

Options
I read the latest article on the above and as a result started to apply for the Barclaycard Platinum Offer of 15 months 0%.
However, before submiting noticed in the T&C's that you must pay a minimum each month of 2.25 of the balance outstanding.
As an existing Virgin customer (which the aticle targets) this would mean that anyone with a £10k balance would have to pay £225 per month instead of the existing £25 per month.I think this should be pointed out.
Of the alternatives shown is there anyone charging less than this minimum payment?

Comments

• CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 February 2010 at 7:03PM
    Options
    IFAexpert wrote: »
    I read the latest article on the above and as a result started to apply for the Barclaycard Platinum Offer of 15 months 0%.
    However, before submiting noticed in the T&C's that you must pay a minimum each month of 2.25 of the balance outstanding.
    As an existing Virgin customer (which the aticle targets) this would mean that anyone with a £10k balance would have to pay £225 per month instead of the existing £25 per month.I think this should be pointed out.
    Of the alternatives shown is there anyone charging less than this minimum payment?

T&C on Virgin were changed a long time ago - the minimum is now 1% or £25 whichever is greater. When I first got a Virgin card it was the lesser of 1% or £25 but not been that for a while.

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/credit-cards-v3/popup/summary.jsp

List of 0% cards on the stoozing site with minimums shown, you can sort the table by minimum amount to see who lets you pay what.

http://www.stoozing.com/0fees.php

And isn't the maximum 0% deal Barclaycard deal still capped at £5k, and anything over this amount charged at their standard rates, so 10K isn't a realistic BT for a stoozer.
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure