Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations» Weddings & Anniversaries

WARNING: Anyone hiring from Suits you / Youngs hire - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

WARNING: Anyone hiring from Suits you / Youngs hire

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
25 replies 9.2K views

Replies

• edited 5 February 2010 at 11:36PM
    DunebugDunebug Forumite
    1 posts
    edited 5 February 2010 at 11:36PM
    Hi from what I have found out, SRG don't actually own Youngs Hire :)

Youngs just use Suits You shops so all is good!! Also post above says only 42 of 71 stores, and not that any of them were closing.....

' SRG is not proposing to close any of its stores immediately. Landlords of the 42 loss-making stores will be offered 60% of the full rent for a period of 18 months. The stores will continue to trade during this period.'
  • Anyone who is put off a chain you could try an estabilished local shop? Ours turned out to be about the same price but with better quality suits.
    Bump due 22nd September
  • frannyannfrannyann Forumite
    11K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay going to chat with OH, really want to stay with Youngs as really impressed with the Staff at the Maidstone branch, they were the first people who actually made OH at ease (seriously he is the worlds grumpist man, and he hates asking anything in a shop)
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
    11K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a really good hunt around and the only two places flagging this up as a major worry is MSE and Hitched :D A lot of this seems to be rent haggling by the parent company. So I am still comfortable at this point!
    :rotfl:Ahahah got my signature removed for claiming MSE thought it was too boring :rotfl:
  • Ladies And Gents, Your attention please............

Do not be put off by the rumours circulating about Suits You/Youngs hire, They provide a very good hire service and have some fantastic offers available at the moment. Product is of high quality and the service from staff is excellent. Many companies on the high street are currently reviewing business practices, but not many are actively doing something about reducing their costs. Suits you have taken a very bold step in trying to secure the future of the business, and through this CVA, it has become public knowledge......

I am sure companies like Moss and Slaters are currently reviewing their own stance and may follow suit to reduce rents up and down the country. Suits you have been the first to do so.

I have some knowledge from a very reliable source that Youngs is now being run as a separate business from SY and that they are tied up with another made to measure company called Addison & Steele (Please check that one out...) AND that earlier this week, they purchased a major share in the formal hire firm Etiquette Formal Hire (Again, dig a little yourselves and find out). So please dont be scared to go through the doors of your local Suits You shop, and book your wedding outfits with Youngs.

Thank you and Goodnight....
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • I am afraid i disagree with the last post. Addisson Steele went into administration and unfortunately so did Etiquette. On both occasions they were taken over by BMB Group.

Etiquette are a shadow of what they used to be and i would tread with a great deal of caution in hiring or buying anything from Suits You. The last post sounds very much like an employee!
  • TaadaaTaadaa Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Well we looked at suits in May and it does appear that Suits You are still trading. We weren't that impressed with the range or customer services though so we went with Austin Reed. x
    I have had many Light Bulb Moments. The trouble is someone keeps turning the bulb off :o

1% over payments on cc 3.5/100 (March 2014)
    11K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OH went contacted Youngs this week to double check dates for measurements and is relieved to report everything seems okay!
  • Youngs Hire have been an absolute nightmare for my wedding. The wedding is on Sunday and the bride's sister STILL doesn't have a jacket that fits despite FOUR visits to the store he was measured in. We ordered 9 suits and there has been a problem with just about all of them. They basically send 'replacements' if they don't have the right sizes - as if someone's going to be able to wear something the wrong size to a wedding!

My own suit was only finalised yesterday despite my Mum going to the store THREE times. Someone on the phone today has finally admitted they have taken too many bookings for the number of suits they have. Avoid like the plague. Mind you, my sister used Moss Bros for her wedding last year and told me to avoid them too! :mad:
  • steve1980steve1980 Forumite
    2.3K posts
    I've had the letter from Young's Hire today to say that SRG have now gone into administration. I spoke to the hire bloke at Young's/Suits You and he said that their last van delivery is the 9th December. After that all suits will be picked up from Burtons or Debenhams. They are not taking any more orders from now or bookings for next year.

He said "You should be ok".......Err I don't want SHOULD BE OK!!!!!!

Lucky enough that I actually paid the deposit on my BarclayCard so I'll be having a chat with them to see where I stand.
    Estate Agent, Web Designer & All Round Geek!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support