£5 for the weekend

2»

Comments

• DGJsaver
    DGJsaver Posts: 2,777 Forumite
    The way i feel at the moment , if i had the chance i would sleep through the entire weekend , wake up monday still £5 up !
  • Souk08
    Souk08 Posts: 3,240 Forumite
    Mmm get a mate round and buy 2 pizzas and some garlic bread and ask her to bring wine. Have a lovely girly lunch in and then GET ON WITH SORTING THE WARDROBE! I did it for my sis on my last day in Oz. I was staying with her and we'd run out of cash so we did this and it was amazing. She had so much carp and she had to keep running to the charity shop with bags. She was left with a smart and a casual wardrobe all neat and tidy, and I gave her homework (bits to buy). It's such a good feeling when it's all sorted. BTW in an ideal world wardrobe clearouts and styling would be my full time job!
    'The road to a friends house is never long'
  • £5 a weekend is about my budget at the moment after writing off my car in Dec... Definately endorse all of the ideas above. Often go for a really long country walk at the wkend and then stop at a little pub and have a pint and read the paper. feels very rich!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi guys,

Thanks v much for all your replies and ideas!

So, we're now heading into a new weekend and this weekend I'm aiming for a completely NO SPEND one.

Needless to say, last weekend I didn't get round to the wardrobe clearout, but Souk08's post has inspired me!! I know it'll be great when the place is all nice and tidy and I know exactly what I've got in there!

Happy weekends!
  • savingmummy
    savingmummy Posts: 2,915 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I don`t go out at weekends as i dont work (SAHM) and never have any money.
    I normal declutter, do any diy jobs around the place, go to the park with the kiddies, feed the ducks, wash the car, visit friends/family, cook.

Tomorrow i`m cleaning windows and doing side curtains whilst listening to my favourite album full blast :)
    Washing all the bedding and then making fairycakes ready for Sunday :)

Sunday lie in, then off to parents for dinner :)
    DebtFree FEB 2010!
    Slight blip in 2013 - Debtfree Aug 2014 :j

Savings £132/£1000.
  • Join retaileyes and get paid to shop. The assignments get better the more you do...
  • HTML200
    HTML200 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Unless you're incredibly slapdash about your photos and descriptions, it takes ages to list things on ebay.

And taking your time over it can seriously increase the amount you get - I reckon you get 50% more on an item that has a good quality photo and well-written description.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure