PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

how much is a house worth now?

Options
Hi,
If a house was purchased in 1998 for £275,000 - does anyone know what it would be worth now based purely on national house price increases?
Best wishes
Mindovermatter

Comments

• iamana1ias
    iamana1ias Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    If a house was purchased in 1998 for £275,000 - does anyone know what it would be worth now based purely on national house price increases?
    Best wishes
    Mindovermatter

It's not an exact science! Way too many influencing factors.

You need to look at what similar houses are selling for (means being a little less lazy, though) ;)
    I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
    Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
  • mindovermatter
    Options
    thanks great - thankyou - all sorted.
    mindovermatter
  • nollag2006
    nollag2006 Posts: 2,638 Forumite
    Options
    I have always found zoopla to be fairly close to the money in terms of places I've been looking at over the past year or so, for what it's worth
  • Running_Horse
    Running_Horse Posts: 11,807 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have always found Zoopla to be completely useless and inaccurate, showing a £100,000 variation in a row of identical terraces being just one recent example.
    Been away for a while.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Zoopla is as accurate as a fortune cookie. It's just a nice little toy in your arsenal of property links and websites to fanny about with ... but isn't to be trusted or relied on in any way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure