Tesco Loo Roll...

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
21 replies 2.4K views
djb215djb215 Forumite
412 Posts
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
Hi all,

Not so much a vent, rather than a curiousity.

Last week we did our big shop in Tesco instead of our regular Asda, and one of the items we purchased was a pack of their own loo roll.

It was an 8 pack (I think), and on each roll used so far it seems like it's shedding quite a bit on the edges, like it was badly cut or something; so when you're using it you find a few small strips that fall off as well.

Obviously not expecting perfect quality but we've used Asda's own for ages and it's never that badly cut.

Before the regulars start suggesting I dig out the receipt and go back for a replacement/refund (:D:D) I think I would look like a major pratt doing it!!!!

Just wondering (for anyone who regularly buys Tesco's own brand) if this is normal or if we've just got a bad batch?

Thanks!!
[DISCLAIMER: Any posts made by myself are my opinions and do not represent my employer]

God put me on Earth to acomplish a certain number of things.
Right now I am so far behind I will probably never be allowed to die!

Replies

• Liz3yyLiz3yy Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    You're not the only one, this has happened to me more than once. First time I ended up covered in fluff from the roll! I looked like I had just come in from a snow storm! (this was Tesco own brand)
    They have the internet on computers now?! - Homer Simpson

It's always better to be late in this life, than early in the next
  • geri1965_2geri1965_2 Forumite
    8.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't say I have experienced this.
  • as long as your finger doesnt go through it when using it.

thats what really matters :rotfl:
  • BeclesBecles Forumite
    13.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it and the same happened, so I didn't buy it again.
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Don't know what tesco are playing at, the stuff is not fit to wipe my a$$ with!!
  • Sagz_2Sagz_2 Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have bought Tesco own brand looey for 15+ years and not had a problem - I guess you were just unlucky.
    Some days you're the dog..... most days you're the tree! :D
  • SailorSamSailorSam Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps it's recycled, have you noticed any brown marks on it.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • djb215 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not so much a vent, rather than a curiousity.

Last week we did our big shop in Tesco instead of our regular Asda, and one of the items we purchased was a pack of their own loo roll.

It was an 8 pack (I think), and on each roll used so far it seems like it's shedding quite a bit on the edges, like it was badly cut or something; so when you're using it you find a few small strips that fall off as well.

Obviously not expecting perfect quality but we've used Asda's own for ages and it's never that badly cut.

Before the regulars start suggesting I dig out the receipt and go back for a replacement/refund (:D:D) I think I would look like a major pratt doing it!!!!

Just wondering (for anyone who regularly buys Tesco's own brand) if this is normal or if we've just got a bad batch?

Thanks!!

thank you, lol, it's not just me :T:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I think Asda's lasts longer too, anyone else?
    Wow, I got 3 *, when did that happen :j:T:p
    It is not illegal to open another persons mail unless you intend to commit fraud - this is frequently incorrectly posted:)
    I live in my head - I find it's safer there:p
  • jackiebjackieb Forumite
    27.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nicky toilet roll from Farmfoods is very strong and soft too. They're only £2 for 9 rolls. I only discovered them after readng about them on a thread on here. Try them - you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. :)
  • Buy Andrex next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals