Studio/Express Gifts - warning

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
1 reply 1.7K views
ailz95ailz95 Forumite
380 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I've overpaid Studio by £40 - the goods I ordered never turned up - but I was told I had to pay each month as they had 6 weeks to deliver the goods and they would slap me with a £12 late payment fee if I didn't pay them. I ended up filling in a dispute form and had paid 2 months by the time they agreed that the goods were lost.
They agree that I'm £40 in credit, but insist that I send proof that I paid the money - how stupid is that - I have to get receipts with 'a valid bank cashiers stamp which clearly show the amount and date the payment was made'. I tried explaining that as a wheelchair user it would be difficult, but apparently it is Customer Care policy. I spoke to someone in accounts who agreed that it was stupid, but couldn't do anything about it. As I paid through the bank online I would have to go into Manchester to sort it out - I tried over the phone but they can't help.

Anyway I've given in and have placed an order for the £40 - and then I will be closing my account with them. It actually looks as though it will leave 1p credit - so I won't be clkosing my account, just leaving it there to irritate.
Clutter free wannabee 2021 /52 bags to cs. /2021 'stuff' out of the place

YOU CANNOT BE ALL THE GOOD THAT THE WORLD NEEDS, BUT THE WORLD NEEDS ALL THE GOOD YOU CAN BE
taken from Shelbizleee on YouTube - her copyright

Replies

• I am a new customer with Studio and ordered some trainers a couple of weeks back. When i got my statement i noticed that they had already charged me for them even though i had not received them! My other catalogue do not do this until i have had my goods.

I had to send the trainers back but will take a month to come off my statement. I find them very confusing.

I am going to pay up my account and not use it again. Hope you get things sorted x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals