My quest to be mortgage free by the end of 2012

edited 29 January 2010 at 7:12PM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
450 replies 26.5K views

Replies

• gallygirlgallygirl Forumite
    17.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shh (was just trying to cheer pammy up) Havent visited my plot yet so didnt realise it was 0.5 of an acre.

It's not, I've got the corner plot with 0.9, you've got 0.1 :rotfl:. Nothing to do with me, the developer chose it for me ;)
    Do you know any nice pubs up that way for lunch xx

Em no. Just know the TC!
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl wrote: »
    It's not, I've got the corner plot with 0.9, you've got 0.1 :rotfl:. Nothing to do with me, the developer chose it for me ;)

Em no. Just know the TC!

We must be mad. When do we get to see what Lewis Lane looks like?
    Mortgage Free as of 31/5/11 :j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • Have just sent our overpayment for August to the mortgage account. We now have an outstanding mortgage balance of £8000 . Drum roll please. Will still be 2012 before it is completely cleared though.
  • pammyj74pammyj74 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Oh I am soooooooo jealous :grinheart
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
  • Well Done to you Pammy, you have already beaten your target for the year. I take it all houses on Lewis Lane are mortgage free :rotfl:
  • 2 days left at work and then 2 weeks off work. I can't wait, it was February last time I had a week off. It's been a long time coming. Nothing exciting is happening on the O/P front. The direct debit comes out on its own so it is just another bill. I must go into DD bedroom over the weekend and sort out her clothes so that we only have left what actually fits her. It is not a nice place to be. I have never met anyone as messy as she is. If there is anyone out there with any tips on encouraging children to be tidy bring it on. We have tried telling her off, leaving it till it is so bad she will fed up with it and doing it ourselves. We have tried rewarding her as well. Its still an insult to a tip :mad:
  • greentgreent Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 days left at work and then 2 weeks off work. I can't wait, it was February last time I had a week off. It's been a long time coming. Nothing exciting is happening on the O/P front. The direct debit comes out on its own so it is just another bill. I must go into DD bedroom over the weekend and sort out her clothes so that we only have left what actually fits her. It is not a nice place to be. I have never met anyone as messy as she is. If there is anyone out there with any tips on encouraging children to be tidy bring it on. We have tried telling her off, leaving it till it is so bad she will fed up with it and doing it ourselves. We have tried rewarding her as well. Its still an insult to a tip :mad:

Can't help there - my DD is reasonably tidy (OCD when it comes to some areas!) and reguarly sorts through stuff in her room. DS1 & DS2 - totally the opposite way (although DS2 is only 4) I'm hoping DS3 (14 months) will be like his sister:p I think it's down to their personalities....
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2021 £277.36/£500 Decluttering 2021: 800/1000
  • SmlSaveSmlSave Forumite
    4.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    If there is anyone out there with any tips on encouraging children to be tidy bring it on. We have tried telling her off, leaving it till it is so bad she will fed up with it and doing it ourselves. We have tried rewarding her as well. Its still an insult to a tip

How old is your DD?

I can't give you any tips but I can say that my room was so bad that I had to put pieces of white paper down to show where you could stand safely without getting stabbed with a pin or something :o It wasn't dirty just full of stuff that I never put away.

Nothing my family did could change me (I'm sure I remember my Mum putting everything on my floor in a black bin bag once - I just emptied it back out) I get tidier every year - I'm sure :) The turning point was getting my own house.
    Currently studying for a Diploma - wish me luck :)

Phase 1 - Emergency Fund - Complete :j
    Phase 2 - £20,000 Mortgage Fund - Underway
  • *Jellie**Jellie* Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry no ideas on inspiring tidyness!
    Well done on getting your mortgage down that low- I'm really jealous!! It is going to be a very long slog to get to where you are now!!
    2019 fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • Hi

Thanks for your replies

Greent, I am sure you are right about personalities. I hope she becomes tidier soon.

Smlsave. She is 10 years old. There isn't any room on the floor to put down white pieces of paper it is that bad. We have intervened and tidied it and will keep it that way.

Jellie. Thanks, we cashed in our endowment earlier in the year and are overpaying at least double the required amount. Hopefully when you regularly overpay you will reap the benefits also.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals