cold weather payments

Options
sweetypie2
sweetypie2 Posts: 63 Forumite
edited 28 January 2010 at 8:15PM in Disability money matters
:question: hi my son is on dla and incapascity not income support, he has had the xmas bonus but not the 3 weather payments for our area? is he intitled ? and if yes who do i contact? thanks

Comments

• yummymum80
    Options
    sweetypie2 wrote: »
    :question: hi my son is on dla and incapascity not income support, he has had the xmas bonus but not the 3 weather payments for our area? is he intitled ? and if yes who do i contact? thanks

I received 3 weather payments as I am on income support and plus I get DLA.

I don't think your son are intitled as I found this on the Jobcentre website.

Can I get a Cold Weather Payment?
    You may get a Cold Weather Payment if you get one of the following benefits:
    • Income Support
    • income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • income-related Employment and Support Allowance, or
    • Pension Credit.
    If you get Income Support, income-related Employment and Support Allowance in the assessment phase, or income-based Jobseekers Allowance, you must also receive a pensioner or disability premium or have a child who is disabled or under the age of 5.
  • yummymum80
    Options
    You could contact your local Jobcentre/Department of Work and Pensions to enquire about Cold Weather Payment. :)
  • Yuki60
    Yuki60 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    There were three payments? I got one payment of 25 a couple of weeks ago. Should I have got 3? Or does it depend where you live.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    sweetypie2 wrote: »
    Incapacity benefit isn't a qualifying benefit.
    Yuki60 wrote: »
    There were three payments? I got one payment of 25 a couple of weeks ago. Should I have got 3? Or does it depend where you live.
    It depends where you live, postcode checker.
    http://pensions.direct.gov.uk/en/cold-weather-payment/home.asp
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • Mupette
    Mupette Posts: 4,599 Forumite
    Options
    Yuki60 wrote: »

If you have recieved one payment then there is an assumption you are entitled, give them a call, i had to chase one payment, i had 2 but didn't get the 3rd that the website said i was entitled to, i was slightly miss informed by them on the phone as they told me that the weather wasn't cold enough and no i would not get it.

I argued that if it wasn't cold enough then it wouldn't of triggered, then they claimed it was for another date that hadn't quite finished (within the week i called), they told me to call back after 7 days, but within a few days i received the payment.
    GNU
    Terry Pratchett
    ((((Ripples))))
  • Yuki60
    Yuki60 Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the help! Checked out the site and it says Plymouth only had one week of cold between november and feb. Coulda sworn it was snowing and freezing here for more than one week. Gonna get back under blanket on sofa now!! lol
  • jetta_wales
    Options
    DX2 wrote: »
    It depends where you live, postcode checker.
    <lol it won't let me quote the link it's self as I am still too new :)>

Just checked my area too and it says 2 which is what I've had so that's cool, handy link thanks for posting.
    "Life is what you make of it, whoever got anywhere without some passion and ambition?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure