Apprentice

Options
Are there any deals or specials for apprentices ? I am in my 2nd year as a spark, and i go to college 9 weeks a year, and am regarded as a part time student. The rest of the year I work for an electrical company.

I heard that I might be able to get a 0% student overdraft of £1400 over 4 years. I was thinking I could take the £1400 out and put into an ISA or something like that & forget about it, and make a wee bit of intrest.

Any ideas ?
Feb 06 *****Highest Debt*****
Credit card - £800 in the red // Overdraft - £750 in the red // Loan - £2000 in the red
*****Current Debt*****
Credit card - GONE ! // Overdraft - GONE ! // Loan - GONE ! // Savings (Oct 12) - £6.5K+ :money:

Comments

• starlite_2
    starlite_2 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    Options
    as far as i'm aware you can only get a student account, and the overdraft that goes with it, if you are in full time education. my friend is doing her degree over 5 years and can't get a student account with anyone which is a little unfair. im not certain about your situation though, just check the websites of the main banks for their terms and conditions..
    oh and to add....you can generally only get the overdraft if your student loan is going into the account, or any other regular lump sum so even if you can get the account they probably won't agree to the overdraft
    Membre Of Teh Misspleing Culb
  • firespire
    firespire Posts: 795 Forumite
    Options
    You can enter MK Apprentice of the Year Award 2005 and hopefully win some dosh. http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/news/news.asp?newsid=1026
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure