🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bit confused! Can anyone advise me please?

Options
Hi

Looking for some advise in regards to PPI claim or even cancelling it! My partner took a loan out in Dec 2008 with Abbey. He was employed at the time but around 3 months later went self employed. His business hasn't exactly taken off and can't find a job. Although he has managed to keep the loan payments up until now it's looking likely that he is not going to be able to over the next few months, when he looked through his agreement with Abbey he remembered he had PPI but of course they won't pay out to as he decided to go self employed.

Is there anything we can do?

Not sure if a reclaim is possible although the PPI was only relevent for 3 months of the loan term?? Or whether it is possible to cancel the loan without having to re-finance the loan which I doubt is possible as he hasnt got a job!

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Looking for some advise in regards to PPI claim or even cancelling it! My partner took a loan out in Dec 2008 with Abbey. He was employed at the time but around 3 months later went self employed. His business hasn't exactly taken off and can't find a job. Although he has managed to keep the loan payments up until now it's looking likely that he is not going to be able to over the next few months, when he looked through his agreement with Abbey he remembered he had PPI but of course they won't pay out to as he decided to go self employed.

Is there anything we can do?

Not sure if a reclaim is possible although the PPI was only relevent for 3 months of the loan term?? Or whether it is possible to cancel the loan without having to re-finance the loan which I doubt is possible as he hasnt got a job!

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi there

Sorry to hear of your issues here.

I would check this link here for more details on reclaiming PPI, it maybe worth giving it a go on reclaiming and cancelling the policy if your partner is not eligible to make a successful claim when he needs to.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

You can if you want to cancel the ppi policy the same time as requesting for a refund.
    So check the above link if any of it also applies to your partner go for it, you will find template letters as well, they have 8 weeks in full to respond, and I personally suggest to post by recorded delivery for your proof of posting.

Give us a yell for any help and please keep us posted, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Thank you for your advice and info, very kind of you - I will keep you posted!
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your advice and info, very kind of you - I will keep you posted!

Not a problem and you are welcome.;)
    Good luck and we look forward to hearing the outcome of this.
    Fingers crossed and keep at them X
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills