We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPi claiming novice

Options
Hi there,

I am going to attemp to claim my ppi from First Plus as I've just been informed it only lasts for the first five years and not the total length of the loan. Anyway there seems to be quite a negative view of sucess with them. Is this the case, should I not attempt it?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Rumchi wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am going to attemp to claim my ppi from First Plus as I've just been informed it only lasts for the first five years and not the total length of the loan. Anyway there seems to be quite a negative view of sucess with them. Is this the case, should I not attempt it?

Hi and welcome.;)

First of all was your loan sold by First Plus or a broker?

Just to make sure, because whoever sold you the loan is the ones you pursue.

Have you also had a look on the above Success thread to check out the successes, its a long thread though.......:Dlol.

Well I would give it a go with your reasons, and keep at them, if they do not resolve in your favour by the final decision then I'm sure the FOS will, as these types of policies are frowned upon and really a complaint alone.

However, I would check the link below, which is useful with the guidelines of reclaiming, and a checklist of mis selling reasons, check them as well in case any other reasons applies to you.

There are also templates on the link, you can use them if you want to or as a guide, they have 8 weeks in full to respond, and best to post by recorded delivery as well for your proof of posting.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck, keep at them and please ask for help anytime and let us know how you get on.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • sunnygirls
    Options
    Hi there,

Hi go for it i won with first plus ,took about 4 months at first they said no but i stood my ground Good Luck Sunny
  • Juneno
    Juneno Posts: 81 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Rumchi,
    I won my claim 2 weeks ago, so keep at them!
    The FOS are upholding 99% of PPI claims against this company just now so you WILL win.
    Go to the dedicated website for all hassles with FP - just google firstpluscomplaints and it'll come up. These guys have all the facts about this company's bad practises and are currently putting forward a huge complaint on behalf of all FP clients about the interest rates (which are grossly unfair) and the actual enforcibility of the loans. So get over there and join us! :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

FOS are actually upholding 99% of Firstplus complaints so that says it all.

ALso was it definately Firstplus that sold you the insurance or did you use a broker? If you used a broker then its the broker you make the complaint to.

Good luck
  • Zippy01
    Zippy01 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I've just started reading about these mis-sold PPI claims and believe I have too been mis-old by First Plus, not once, but twice!
    I took out a loan with them in 2004 for £37k, with PPI of £7374.00. I settled the loan in April 05, repaying more than £43k.
    I then took out another loan with them...I know...must be stupid to get bitten twice! This time in Feb 2006 for £48k, with PPI of £9550.00.
    Like I said, I think I have a case for mis selling on both of the PPI's.
    Should I go through the re-claim process for both at the same time, or do one first and then the other. Do I need to do anything differently for the first, since it was taken out in 2004 before they were under the FOS?
    Any advice would be very appreciated! Really would liek to get some money back as have been struggling for quite some time now.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Zippy01 wrote: »
    I've just started reading about these mis-sold PPI claims and believe I have too been mis-old by First Plus, not once, but twice!
    I took out a loan with them in 2004 for £37k, with PPI of £7374.00. I settled the loan in April 05, repaying more than £43k.
    I then took out another loan with them...I know...must be stupid to get bitten twice! This time in Feb 2006 for £48k, with PPI of £9550.00.
    Should I go through the re-claim process for both at the same time, or do one first and then the other. Do I need to do anything differently for the first, since it was taken out in 2004 before they were under the FOS?
    Any advice would be very appreciated! Really would liek to get some money back as have been struggling for quite some time now.

Hi there.;)

Was the first loan sold by First plus?
    With the 2nd loan you write to First plus, but depending who sold you the first loan you write to them.

When taking out another loan with them, the chances are they rebated so much off the first one, this normally happens.

Bur for the reasons you have give it a go.
    If the both loans were sold by FP then you can write in the same letter of the 2.

they have 8 weeks in full to respond.
    I would suggest posting by recorded delivery for your proof of posting.
    More info with guidelines here with templates etc:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Good luck give us a yell anytime you need help, and please keep us posted.

Do not worry about writing the amounts down on your letters, because if successful they should provide you with a full detailed written breakdown as well, keep at them.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Zippy01
    Zippy01 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your help...yes, both loans sold by First Plus. The first one was completed settled before the second one started more than a year after...so no not rebated in the second loan.
    Will do as you suggest and write them one letter about 2 the 2 ppi's.
    Have today done my SAR which I'll get in the post today, 40 days and i'll start action, am feeling quite positive about it all after reading some of the other posts on here!!!

Thanks again!
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Zippy01 wrote: »
    They were under FOS since 2001 as they were members of the GISC so both loans are "fossible".;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure