Insurance company stalling with payments

Options
Hope someone can help! My OH is a self-employed builder & has been working on a flood-damaged property. He submitted an invoice for an interim payment a few months ago, which the loss adjuster said he'd passed for payment. However, payment hasn't come through and it now turns out that the insurance company is querying the validity of the claim, despite having previously paid other invoices on the same claim. He has spent a lot of time & money on the job - where does he stand?

Thank you!
C
£2 savers club - £62

Relaunched grocery challenge:

March target: £150 on food, £50 on other stuff - still not doing very well at keeping track...:o

:hello:

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Who authorised him to do the work i.e. who is his contract with?
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • carpool72
    carpool72 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Options
    His quotes and invoices are to the client who owns the property. They then submitted them to the loss adjuster & insurance company, who have authorised and paid for the initial work, but are now dragging their feet.
    £2 savers club - £62

Relaunched grocery challenge:

March target: £150 on food, £50 on other stuff - still not doing very well at keeping track...:o

:hello:
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,648 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 January 2010 at 7:39PM
    Options
    The reason I asked the question was that whoever his contract is with, is the party that owes him the money. If his contract is with the property owner then that is who owes him the money but if the owner hasn't got the money because insurer won't meet the claim then he may have to sue the owner.

I don't understand why the insurer is now querying the claim having paid out for some of the work. If your OH is able to speak direct to the insurer then he should do this. If no money is forthcoming then he may have to take legal advice.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try posting on the Insurance forum as well with a link to this thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts