Advertising

Options
Hi, im not sure if this is the right place to put this but I am a Showjumper looking for sponsorship and wondered what kind of companies i should be going to with my proposal, I could offer lots of advertising all over the country so this is not a one way thing, I am just not sure what type of companies to approach.

Comments

• paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry if this is stating the obvious...but as a good starting point try and cut your costs by asking equestrian suppliers for free equipment or just equipment at cost. It makes a good deal for both parties as it costs them less yet you get more.

If you want to get corporate sponsors then you may need to put some kind of hospitality package together. Can you do a private display for them? Can you liven up their next regional sales meeting? How about tickets for your next event?

Be aware that even very small businesses get approached for sponsorship or charity donations nearly every day of the week...you'll be one in a very long line so you need an edge. Good luck!
  • showjumper_2
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, I have put a package together and I did have a reply from a company saying that they were very impresed with it as it gave all information they needed (they didnt offer me sponsorship though ha ha) I have offered to go to sales meeting etc. as well as company logo and name on all my horses rugs, saddle cloths and my jackets and Lorry. Is there anything else I could offer?

I know its very hard to get a sponsor but its worth a go, I have had one before but I realise I was very lucky to have them, it did help as I knew them anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure