🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Advice how to split bedroom please

Options
Hi, am looking for good ideas to make best use of space when splitting a two young child shared bedroom into two to give a bit of private space.

The room is a good size approx 5.9x4.3m and we are lucky to have 2 windows in reasonable positions.

A 2d layout of existing and proposed can be seen here h ttp://i50.tinypic.com/2cntapw.jpg (remove the space between h and t in http - sorry for the quality). The external walls cannot be altered so I'm only looking at stud walls inside the room.

I've uploaded what I envisage is the obvious, with a choice of where we put the door to the first bedroom (probably adacent to each other would be the better), but could anyone improve on design please?

Any other tips gratefully accepted.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Atelier
    Atelier Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    Have you thought about making the middle wall as fitted cupboards with different sections accessible from each room?

That would give them both storage and alleviate the need for a wardrobe. Where one bedroom has the wardrobe then the other could have shallow shelving at the back of it and maybe split the space in the middle to give them a deeper area for computer/music/TV/makeup....
  • NormaSnockers
    Options
    Hi, yes good idea, we did think of that and it may feature.

It would be fine from the left hand side, the bed would have to be re-arranged on the right.

They are both girls - I can see a hatch mechanism between the spaces if they have any influence :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport