Contractors not paying up

Options
I did work as a subcontractor for a company called Able Group who have an end of month payment agreement.

Anyhow payment never arrived after the work was completed.

Its now overdue 2 months and despite my constant phone calls asking for my money all i ever get is yeah we'll pass it on to someone that will sort it....

Theyre taking the biscuit really but not sure how to go about tackling the issue other than undo-ing the work i did.

worst part is i have to pay them by cheque for the full amount i received cash from the customer and have to wait for my portion to be sent back. :mad:

Comments

• Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    Write them a letter, send it recorded delivery and give them 14 days from the date of the letter to pay otherwise you will take them to the small claims court, remember you can also charge interest at the going rate on any outstanding money. You can claim using Moneyclaims Online - its quite easy to do.
  • hippyadam
    hippyadam Posts: 645 Forumite
    Options
    worst part is i have to pay them by cheque for the full amount i received cash from the customer and have to wait for my portion to be sent back. :mad:

Why? I'd send back what was left minus my cut. Just a contra really isn't it?
  • YEOVILGOM
    YEOVILGOM Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    hippyadam wrote: »
    Why? I'd send back what was left minus my cut. Just a contra really isn't it?

Agree with this totally!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport