Have I missed some thing out?

Options
Hi all

Is there any thing that i have missed of my list to be done when the Leese in the hands of the solicitor?

Some things are ready to roll, others just a phone call to call them out
  • electric
  • water board
  • BT
  • Fixutes and fillings ready to be ordered
  • Stock ready to be ordered
  • Till ready to order
  • Bank manager next week to sort chip and pin
  • Insurance for the stock and liability. no staff insurance needed as yet
  • business rates forms to hand and also small business reduction ready to apply for.
  • Web site update ready to roll (wrote up ready on word to just past and copy)
  • sign people got a good quote
  • bags for now just getting from mackro
  • child care
:think: I cant think of any thing else just feel as though Ive missed some thing out

thank you in advance

Comments

• paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations! Firstly get the champagne on ice :)

Open/closed sign for the door.

Matting for inside the door, it will stop your flooring getting dirty and trashed within 6 months.

First aid kit and accident book. Unofficial first aid kit containing nurofen and lemsip etc to get you through a shift when feeling rough, don't give anything in this kit to customers.

A laminator is great for making signs, point of sale and tickets.

Fire extinguishers.

No smoking sign on front window (that was law when the ban came in, not sure if it still is)

PRS music license (though personally I would wait until they call)

Ipod and dock to create a good atmosphere, small shops have a "dead" feeling without background music

Kettle, mini fridge and general tea/coffee supplies.

Cleaning materials, shops get dirty 10 times faster than at home...get into a routine of having a quick wipe round every day.

You can never have enough pens, tissues, sellotape, string and bubblewrap. If you set up an account with Viking you can get anything you forget within 24 hours.
  • moneypooh
    moneypooh Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!

. rubbish collection
  • paulwf
    paulwf Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Options
    moneypooh wrote: »
    Congrats and good luck!

. rubbish collection

Good one! I forgot that.

Keep an A to Z behind the counter, people treat shops like Tourist Information, we got asked for directions daily. Yellow Pages and Thomson can also come in handy for the same purpose.

Put up a clock, customers also like asking the time until it drives you potty!

Keep a stash of food in case you are too busy to leave the shop. A boss of mine used to keep a toothbrush in his shop as he was always running late in the mornings. Basically don't be afraid to bring in a few home comforts, make your working life as enjoyable as possible. There will be rainy days in February where you won't get a paying customer all day.
  • bellsmum
    bellsmum Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks guys

never thought of a bin silly to forget that.
    My mum bought me a kettle and coffee a bit of shop warning present she said.:)

There is a fridge in there already just needs a good clean.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bellsmum wrote: »
    never thought of a bin silly to forget that.
    You know that referred to a trade collection of your refuse, rather than a waste paper bin in the shop, don't you? You can't just put bin bags out like you may do at home!

When finding a trade waste collection, avoid WasteTech. ;)
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • bellsmum
    Options
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    You know that referred to a trade collection of your refuse, rather than a waste paper bin in the shop, don't you? You can't just put bin bags out like you may do at home!

When finding a trade waste collection, avoid WasteTech. ;)

Yes I an aware that fact.

My local council do the such service, thanks for letting me know about the above company. A friend has shop shes given me a list of firms to use. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure