🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Individual Budgets- Adult

Options
Is anyone here currently using individual budgets as a disabled adult?

Comments

• TOBRUK
    TOBRUK Posts: 2,343 Forumite
    Options
    Hi mum-of-3, I really don't understand what you mean? Can you expand or perhaps someone else will be along who understands what you are talking about.
  • mum-of-3
    mum-of-3 Posts: 665 Forumite
    Options
    TOBRUK wrote: »
    Hi mum-of-3, I really don't understand what you mean? Can you expand or perhaps someone else will be along who understands what you are talking about.

Individual budgets are used in some areas instead of direct payments. I want to ask some questions to some one who is currently on an individual budget as an adult rather than a child or carer.
  • jetcat
    jetcat Posts: 746 Forumite
    Options
    hi mumof3

i have an individual budget, but as i have just changed from direct payments i am not an expert! I will try though:)
  • mum-of-3
    mum-of-3 Posts: 665 Forumite
    Options
    jetcat wrote: »
    hi mumof3

i have an individual budget, but as i have just changed from direct payments i am not an expert! I will try though:)

I currently have 25 hrs care through social services provided by a care agency- they figure they have come back with for my IB is the same as the care cost.
    I was hoping to get a bit more out of my life by using IB, and also to pay for my hydrotherapy through it as its not available on the NHS in my area.
    My new social worker said she has only done a few IB before, she does not seem to know what's she's doing!

Is your budget figure the same as your individual budget figure?
    What sort of things are you using the money for?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family