Flights gone up by £100 pp within a week!!

Options
13»

Comments

• dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Try these
    http://www.lastminute.com/site/travel/flights/deals/top-secret.html
    www.travelsupermarket.com

both of these have helped me get cheap deals before, and i've looked at the rough dates and it could get it a bit cheaper for you
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    I've been playing around with dates/prices.

To go to Florida, 2 adults, 2 kids, for 7 nights leaving on the Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon of Oct half term the price, with hotel, is coming up at £3880. To fly on the Tues of HT for 7 nights staying in the same hotel is £2660. There is an added 'peak supplement' which makes it more expensive.

And they wonder why people take their kids out of school to go on holiday.
  • hairy_g
    hairy_g Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    hairy_g wrote: »
    I'm a bit pi55ed off with Virgin at moment as well. We'll be flying out in october, and because it's around the half term, they won't do any "miles plus money" flights for the dates we want. We could save up to £200 per flight.

photome wrote: »
    Thats wrong! I wanted flights to Vegas over the OCT half term and there were def miles plus money fares available about 3 to 4 weeks ago. I didnt book as going in Aug now but they were def there

No it isn't !

When I checked flights for Orlando, 14-28 oct, they come up at about £640 per adult.
    When I try, having clicked on " miles plus money " button, It tells me there are no flights available. Hence my phoning them as per post #13
    You are incorrect. I phoned Virgin and was told that they won't release any "miles plus money " flights because of the half term.
    I have just booked at "normal" prices and have been able to choose where 5 of us can sit, still plenty of room on the plane.
  • KarenG
    KarenG Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    No it isn't !

When I checked flights for Orlando, 14-28 oct, they come up at about £640 per adult.
    When I try, having clicked on " miles plus money " button, It tells me there are no flights available. Hence my phoning them as per post #13

Hi hairy (love your user name btw!)

I think what photome means is that there were flights available M&M over half term a few weeks ago (though there obviously aren't now!)

I am pretty sure I saw them there myself a month or two ago when I was trawling va.com (as you do ;) )
  • hairy_g
    hairy_g Posts: 340 Forumite
    Options
    KarenG wrote: »
    Hi hairy (love your user name btw!)

I think what photome means is that there were flights available M&M over half term a few weeks ago (though there obviously aren't now!)

I am pretty sure I saw them there myself a month or two ago when I was trawling va.com (as you do ;) )

If it were up to me, I would have booked avoiding half term altogether. unfortunately i've had to work around the times that other people ( stepkids ) can get off work.
    I booked the accomodation first, then looked for flights...Lesson learnt! Won't be doing it that way round again.
    As far as my user name goes.....there used to be 3 of us at work all called George ( amongst other things) , One was young, one was old, I'm the other one.:rotfl:
  • skinflintsrus
    Options
    I remember reading somewhere about airlines (especially budget ones) using cookies to make their prices look like they are going up everytime you visit to freak you out into booking as soon as. So try clearing out your cookies before going back to check the prices again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure