MBNA and the internet

Options
I have just had a call from MBNA telling me that my claim for a PPi refund has been declined as my credit card application was done via the internet could this be the end of my claim? if not what would be my next move?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    dixxy30 wrote: »
    I have just had a call from MBNA telling me that my claim for a PPi refund has been declined as my credit card application was done via the internet could this be the end of my claim? if not what would be my next move?

Hi there

Sorry to hear this.
    I would ask they put this into writing.

And if this was not the final decision write back and ask them to reconsider with your reasons, tell them despite their "telephone decision", you are not satisfied with this decision and ask that they can look at this again also to correspond in writing, keep at them, then if this does not work you can always go to the financial ombudsman service (FOS) and ask them to investigate this for you, its not the end yet, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, if its their final response then you are free to use the FOS now although these complaints are much more difficult if taken out online (NON ADVISED SALES) BUT depends on if the box was preticked so always worth a try if you feel you have a good case.

Good luck
  • dixxy30
    Options
    Thanks for replys
    MBNA informed me that they never have had preticked boxes on internet applications,
    and kept on about the 30 day cooling off periods and that they sent me all the PPI details I don't remember getting these things but it was back in April 2003, I will carry on an see what happens
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    dixxy30 wrote: »
    Thanks for replys
    MBNA informed me that they never have had preticked boxes on internet applications,
    and kept on about the 30 day cooling off periods and that they sent me all the PPI details I don't remember getting these things but it was back in April 2003, I will carry on an see what happens

Yes keep on at them, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family