Help needed on reply to PPI-KwickFit

Options
Can any help with my reply back to letter recieved from Kwickfit PPI

Basically they are saying they sold the policy over the phone and i excepted and was explained about the policy, they say they sent policy out in the post for me to read (dont remember this), and had plenty of time to cancel as this was on statement each month etc etc etc.

They also say that as the PPI was purchased in 2001 the fos have no jurisdiction over the complaint. therefore, if i am dissatisfied with there response i could complain to the finance & leasing !!! etc etc etc

Any advice, should i just forget about it or should I reply back and if so any idea's

Thanks

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2010 at 8:52PM
    Options
    jfrbubble wrote: »
    Can any help with my reply back to letter recieved from Kwickfit PPI

Basically they are saying they sold the policy over the phone and i excepted and was explained about the policy, they say they sent policy out in the post for me to read (dont remember this), and had plenty of time to cancel as this was on statement each month etc etc etc.

They also say that as the PPI was purchased in 2001 the fos have no jurisdiction over the complaint. therefore, if i am dissatisfied with there response i could complain to the finance & leasing !!! etc etc etc

Any advice, should i just forget about it or should I reply back and if so any idea's

Thanks
    Hi, I have a feeling they would be correct in saying you cannot use the the FOS for the complaint as this was 2001 and the company was Kwikfit and i doubt they would be GISC members either at that time as the GISC was only around since 2001 I think.

You do have another option open to you and that is to complain to the Insurers/underwriters. FOS are accepting complaints against these for misselling in cases like yours in the hope they can "get" them to take responsibility. Do you know who underwrote the policy and do you have any paperwork for the PPI? I would however ring FOS and let them know what you are thinking of doing and the dates etc and they may advise you better or even sometimes write on your behalf.

Good luck and post back if you want any more help.
  • jfrbubble
    Options
    Thanks for your speedy reply, will ring FOS and dig out paperwork

cheers. x
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    jfrbubble wrote: »
    Thanks for your speedy reply, will ring FOS and dig out paperwork

cheers. x
    Good luck and keep us posted.;)
This discussion has been closed.