I'm having a 'blitz' on all our PPI

Options
Since deciding to start a big 'blitz' on both mine & Mrs Skippy's credit cards, old loans & PPI's that we have had in the past its become apparent that I struggle to decide on which is the best letter template to use if we have some of the info already or for some items that we don't/can't find relevant info for but we know that we have a loan in the past that had PPI with it.
So at this stage I hope anyone could give some pointers as to the best route to follow for each scenario.

Mrs Skippy has a LTSB credit card, used to be charged insurance on it by Pinnacle, we have all the statements going back to 2001 showing amounts, do we just write to LTSB requesting refund of them without us tallying them all up so that they calculate it or do we add them up & put the 8% on by using Martins calculator function?

I have a Barclaycard which was previously a Morgan Stanley card, again same scenario & question as above

Final question is with respect to an AA loan (all paid up)taken out around 1998 or 1999 ( I think) but we have no account reference to it that I could quote on an SAR. Is it OK just to address it to them with out that on so that they can locate any info. My only concern is that we moved house in 2007 so I presume I put all relevant info with respect to old property in the letter & new correspondence address.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there

Wishing both you and Mrs Skippy luck on your reclaiming.

There have also been success with reclaims as from the 1990's.

In regards of a SAR, they should hold details on you going back as far as 5/6 years, but with some of mine I have actually been lucky to receive info going back even from earlier years.
    So its up to you if you want to request a SAR, hopefully some info will be also enclosed to support your cases.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

However, just as long as you have account numbers then you can still continue to make a reclaim.

If you have any old statements or bank online you may be able to retrieve any old account numbers from when making repayments (on loans mainly), as the account number should be shown next to the payments, and in regards of credit cards the account number will be enclosed on them, or if you still kept hold of the cards on them.

For more on reclaiming here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    This is useful with templates, reasons and so on, they have 8 weeks in full to respond and use recorded delivery is recommended.
    You do not need to write the amounts on the letters, but if successful they should supply you with a breakdown.

Please ask for further help on this anytime and please also keep us updated of your progress, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • skippy64
    skippy64 Posts: 219 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, cheers for that :)
    I do have the statements so should be able to track the loan refs hopefully ( hadn't thought of that !! )
    Seem to be on a roll at the mo' getting these sorted, its certainly keeping me in Mrs Skippy's good books ;)
  • di3004
    Options
    skippy64 wrote: »
    Hi, cheers for that :)
    I do have the statements so should be able to track the loan refs hopefully ( hadn't thought of that !! )
    Seem to be on a roll at the mo' getting these sorted, its certainly keeping me in Mrs Skippy's good books ;)

Your welcome.:D;)

Good for you and give it a go with these and keep at them.

Fingers crossed for you.:beer:
  • skippy64
    skippy64 Posts: 219 Forumite
    edited 19 January 2010 at 5:44PM
    Options
    Well I've found details of two AA loans on my old statements to AA Financial ( I had a thought it was two although I originally posted only one ) so could anyone confirm is this the latest address to use for AA Financial please to send our SAR to ?
    Thanks to di3004 for the suggestion about finding a account reference number to quote on the SAR. :)

AA Financial Services
    Knights Court
    Weaver Street
    Chester
    Ch12bq
  • di3004
    Options
    skippy64 wrote: »
    Well I've found details of two AA loans on my old statements to AA Financial ( I had a thought it was two although I originally posted only one ) so could anyone confirm is this the latest address to use for AA Financial please to send our SAR to ?
    Thanks to di3004 for the suggestion about finding a account reference number to quote on the SAR. :)

AA Financial Services
    Knights Court
    Weaver Street
    Chester
    Ch12bq

Your very welcome and glad you found some details.:T:T;):beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing