MBNA and my PPi claim

Options
I received my copy of m original cred9t card agreement from back in 2005, from MBNA today. On the last page there are 2 boxes where a cross was placed for me to sign. The first box states:
"This is a credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Sign only if you want to be legally bound by its terms."

The seond box states:
" I wish to purchase Payment Protection Cover

I understand that I am purchasing the products ticked above on credit provided by you and the terms relating to the credit for the products can be found at paragraphs 1-16 of this agreement"

Now I did not tick the box next to "I wish to purchase Payment Protection Cover.

I am planning to claim back my PPI on the basis that I was self-employed at the time, and was not told it would not be valid, but I was wondering if the fact that I did not actually tick the box that states that I wish to purchase the cover, is already enough to go on. I did sign in the box below, but that was clearly where they placed crosses for me to sign.

Any thoughts? Id really aprreciate some advice!

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Zoekie wrote: »
    I received my copy of m original cred9t card agreement from back in 2005, from MBNA today. On the last page there are 2 boxes where a cross was placed for me to sign. The first box states:
    "This is a credit Agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Sign only if you want to be legally bound by its terms."

The seond box states:

I understand that I am purchasing the products ticked above on credit provided by you and the terms relating to the credit for the products can be found at paragraphs 1-16 of this agreement"

Now I did not tick the box next to "I wish to purchase Payment Protection Cover.

I am planning to claim back my PPI on the basis that I was self-employed at the time, and was not told it would not be valid, but I was wondering if the fact that I did not actually tick the box that states that I wish to purchase the cover, is already enough to go on. I did sign in the box below, but that was clearly where they placed crosses for me to sign.

Hi and welcome.;)

With the reasons you have then give it a go, there are many other reasons as well.
    In regards of being self employed check over the terms and conds of this policy as some vary from one bank to another where some if self employed may have been protected by this policy.

Its also worth checking for any other reason that may apply to you.
    Here is the link below of the guidelines of reclaiming, with template letters, a checklist of mis selling reasons, they have 8 weeks in full to respond, and post by recorded delivery for your proof of posting.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

Hope this helps, keep at them and please keep us posted, also ask for help anytime.;)

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • donotpassgo_2
    Options
    Welcome Zoekie,
    I think from what youve said you have a valid claim, as far as being self employed as Di correctly says you can still be covered. However I have successfully reclaimed ppi back from MBNA for husband, MBNA requested proof that husband was paying class 2 contributions for one claim which we did, they didnt ask for proof on the other claim. Strange but true............
    Good luck with your claim

• cogsy1983
    Options
    Zoekie wrote: »

The seond box states:

Hi Zoeki, i have recently had mbna settle my ppi minus the 8% interest (which im still trying to get out of them), on the application i did not tick that i wanted the ppi, but in the sar info they contacted me and then added so i reclaimed on the basis that i did not want it but when they contacted me i felt pressurised into having it.

good luck with your claim;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport