🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help with questions please?

Options
Could anyone please advise me.. when the dwp asks the consultant for a medical report do they have a time limit on sending report back?
And also is the medical report on the person in question or is it a medical report on the medical condition in question? I have recieved a letter back from the dwp and they have advised me that they have requested a medical report from the consultant in the hospital i just woundered how long this would take now. and the consultant can not possibly no how the illness affects you every day as everyone is different. how long do you think this will take? thankyou very much. its all so stress full. What does a medical report mean?

Comments

• geoff11
    geoff11 Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    dont think they can push a consultant with time limits no, the report isnt questioning anything, they just want medical evidence of your disability not how it affects your daily living a consultant doesnt put that in a report. a medical report is standard procedure should they choose to ask for one and all it means is they can get a definate diagnosis of your condition from a medical profesional who deals with you so they can establish the facts of your disability and what award they need to give you if they grant it, they dont always just take your word for it you know.
  • worry_world
    Options
    Thanks for the reply..just feel confused with it all at times..
  • geoff11
    geoff11 Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    most people do dont worry about it, its quite standard.
  • black_paw
    black_paw Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i think mine took a couple of months...i believe it would contain all the medical findings the doc saw and treated ..including any x-rays ..and what he suggests is likely to happen in future...i had a private one done as well ...and the copy contained all this and what the future could hold for me..not easy reading,,,, the more reports the better..you can get your doctor to do one as well ..you may have to pay for it too.
    the truth is out there ... on these pages !!
    <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family