DRO - providing evidence...

Options
debrag
debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
I was wondering will we have to provide evidence of say our wages & bills at the end of our DRO year?

Oh and capital one went to a solicitors about my account!! First I got texts from frankling International (or something like that) but didn't answer calls or reply to text as had no clue what it was about then I started getting them from someone else. I ended up answering an 0845 number one night and it was them. After going through all my previous address's till I found the one then had on me, I found out what it was all about. They seemed to be okay when I told them I have a DRO, I just need to sent them the details (still haven't done it!) Capital One had an address which I hadn't lived in since 2007 while I did my DRO in my previous address.

Can one company challenge & end a DRO? I don't want to have to go bankrupt.

Comments

• debt_doctor
    debt_doctor Posts: 4,595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, please see below;

debrag wrote: »
    I was wondering will we have to provide evidence of say our wages & bills at the end of our DRO year? There is nothing in the intermediary guidance to suggest that, no. ( but no one has come to the end of their DRO yet!) Also the insolvency service are consulting on ending early discharge in bankruptcy to mirror DRO's.

Oh and capital one went to a solicitors about my account!! First I got texts from frankling International (or something like that) but didn't answer calls or reply to text as had no clue what it was about then I started getting them from someone else. I ended up answering an 0845 number one night and it was them. After going through all my previous address's till I found the one then had on me, I found out what it was all about. They seemed to be okay when I told them I have a DRO, I just need to sent them the details (still haven't done it!) If they were listed on your application the debt wil be covered. Capital One had an address which I hadn't lived in since 2007 while I did my DRO in my previous address. All your addresses in the last 6 years should have been listed on the application.

Can one company challenge & end a DRO? I don't want to have to go bankrupt.Yes they can but only with very good provable reason.

DD
    Debt Doctor, Debt caseworker, Citizens' Advice Bureau .
    Impartial debt advice services: Citizens Advice Bureau Find your local CAB *** National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000*** BSC No. 100 ***
  • elfieb
    elfieb Posts: 530 Forumite
    Options
    Hi debrag,

A creditor can only challenge the DRO within the first 30 days, as creditor of mine tried to do this after the 30 days, and it was not accepted.

Therefore if Captial didnt challenge the DRO in the first instance, there is no way they can challenge the DRO now, and have the order revoked.
    The only way you could loose your order now, would be for your surplus to increase.

Interesting question you raise about bills at the end of the year, but I believe that you would have had to have been informed of this at the start of your application......
    Maybe you could send off a quick email to IS to clarify if it is bugging you?
    I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
    Mae West
  • debrag
    debrag Posts: 3,426 Forumite
    Options
    I did list all my address with my application, just some creditors didn't have my latest address when I started the DRO.

Also some creditors haven't defaulted me yet which I hate!!! I'm at (6) on them!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure