We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DLA Renewal Form

Options
Ive just received this through and it terrifies me to try and fill it in myself. I filled in my first claim form myself and it took me about a week as I cant write much before I have to stop as my wrist and hand/fingers hurt. Im sure I didnt fill it in correctly but was still awarded low rate care & mobility.
My symptoms and what I cant do for myself have changed for the worse and am needing help by someone to help me fill it in.
I moved to where I am now in July 09 so still relatively new to my GP and dont get out very often due to lack of mobility and chronic fatigue/pain.
Is there anyone who could come to my home to help fill it in for me or would I have to go to their place of work?
I also dont really know my way around and get anxious if out by myself in strange places.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS...my memory isnt too good either and I tend to forget things, especially when asked, my memory goes blank. Ive even been waiting in my GP's waiting room thinking why the hell am I here? I couldnt even remember :(

Comments

• Rochelle
    Rochelle Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    If you contact Dial or ur Cab and google "disability action groups" in your borough and see who has the shortest waiting lists and book an appointment for them to come out and see you.
  • If you contact your county council, they will have a Welfare Rights Officer.
    Benefits are their speciality, so will be a good place to contact. If needs be, they can support you to the tribunal stage.
    As they often has appointments in different towns, it's a possibility they could visit you at home, but I'm sure each area has it's own policies.

Memory loss, or Brain fog, is often a symptom of chronic fatigue type illnesses, and include it in your form.

Regards
    Munchie
  • Fantabulous
    Options
    You can also complete the form online. I have to do this due to problems with my hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport