UK timeshare 3 night trial breaks From£29

Options
If you and your partner are prepared to endure a hardsell timeshare presentation, you may be interested in a deal available from Sunterra. ( I haven't been but an guessing this is what it means when it describes attending an informal presentation.) If it wasn't timeshare I think they wouldn't be so discreet. I bet they are equally discreet about what the actual initial cost will be and positivelly silent about ongoing maintainance and other annual charges.

0870730 7456 quoting reference GH. (offer came with Goodhousekeeping) There are 7 centres possible £49 for a 2/3 day midweek visit and £69 for a 2night visit starting on a Friday. They send you a brochure after you phone.

It's supposed to be for couples between 25 and 65.

If you get a cheapo break in luxurious self catering apartments (sleep 6) for giving up a couple of hours to resisting the hard sell it may be worthwhile.

PS I've modified the post title to reflect the actual price for 3 nights in Feb or March.
My weight loss following Doktor Dahlqvist' Dietary Program
Start 23rd Jan 2008 14st 9lbs Current 10st 12lbs

Comments

• Ted_Hutchinson
    Options
    The charge for Feb/March bookings is only £29 not as I quoted.

I've got a 3 night break in 2 bed lodge in March here for £29 so if I can find another couple to share with it will be an even cheaper break.
  • Ted_Hutchinson
    Ted_Hutchinson Posts: 7,142 Forumite
    Options
    I've just got back from my 3 night stay at Sunterra's Country Club.

I was very impressed with the facilities on offer and found it very tempting. Certainly for £29 total, it was a very cheap break for the four of us. The presentation we had to attend really wasn't very arduous or very high pressure selling. Took about an hour to go through the various options and when I said I'd think about it that was that.

Over the 3 days I'd sussed out from other members how they used the system. Most satisfied were those who lived within easy reach of a Sunterra site as they used the leisure facilities each week and regarded the annual management fee as a cheap Gym/golf club membership fee. The fact they also got at least two holidays more or less free was a double bonus.
    Basically you have to pay about £8000 for a basic points allocation and this will buy accommodation at resorts worldwide or in UK. There is also an annual management fee of around £450 irrespective of whether you use your annual points allocation or not.
    Couldn't find anyone who complained about the company or the system. Several folk thought they weren't getting best use out of their annual points but others were clearly very crafty and were getting 4/5 holidays from their points. No one I spoke to was very clear how you offloaded your points if you wanted to end the commitment but as some folk had bought extra points from the unofficial Sunterra Members website their must be a place where you can trade them.
    If I lived somewhere within easy reach of a Sunterra site I'd certainly join.
  • swampeeeden
    Options
    I've had points with Sunterra ,formerly Grand Vacation Club, since they began, and a timeshare week with LSI before they became GVC since 1991.
    Just wanted tell everyone that I've had 2/3 5star holidays every year . The points system is very flexible. I've been all over the world with them and Never had a bad experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure