How do you get rid of cookies

Options
When I log on to money saving expert, in the box you write your user name (I keep forgetting my username and I now have a string of the other attempts at my user name when I click on the box.)

Does anyone know how I clear this?

I assume it involves deleting cookies, but how do you do this?

Thanks

Comments

• chatta
    chatta Posts: 3,392 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hightlight or select one you dont want and then press delete. That works on my log-ins.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,305 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • *!*HIBS*!*
    *!*HIBS*!* Posts: 551 Forumite
    Options
    When I log on to money saving expert, in the box you write your user name (I keep forgetting my username and I now have a string of the other attempts at my user name when I click on the box.)

Does anyone know how I clear this?

I assume it involves deleting cookies, but how do you do this?

Thanks
    To delete your cookies, in IE go to Tool > Internet Options > Delete Cookies. Also delete files, then go to Settings > View files and delete any files in there. To delete all your other attempts for other sites, click on the Content tab> Auto complete tab> click on Clear Forms. Close the window and press Ok to exit out.

In Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Privacy tab > Saved forms> Click on Saved Data Form Now.

For cookies, go to the cookies tab > clear cookies now, then go to the cache tab click on clear cache now. Click Ok to exit.

You should clear the cookies and cache off your browsers on a regular basis. :cool:
  • niceguyrichy
    niceguyrichy Posts: 470 Forumite
    Options
    laziest way: Start > Search > File & Folders > All Files..... > type 'cookies' > delete all contents of all folders that pop up when it's finished searching.

alternately go through the program files for all your browsers, and manually delete cookies from folders.

or use a prog like Xcleaner and select the rellevant options :)
    "If you really want to hurt your parents and you don't have nerve enough to be homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure