🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Taps with filtered water / boiling water

Options
Hi

First post so be gentle :D

I am in the process of putting a new fancy kitchen in my house and I am getting annoyed at the process of looking for a tap.

I was prepared to spend a small fortune on a pull out spray tap type but have discovered that for the same amount of money or a little more I can get one with more features such as water filtering system / boiling water.

The problem is I am having problems finding information on good brands and possible problems with this system.

I found a filtered water tap with a pull out spray mechanism as well
But this doesn't seem to offer boiling water options.

However I also noticed you can get little taps to place on the side of the sink which will do boiling water which is also fltered.

Example: some called in-sink erators

Does anyone know how practical these are to run/ prone to too many problems etc ? Also how easy is it to fit those ?

Also I am planing on placing a water softner system which will run on the mains ... would this be enough for 'filtering'? This would mean I can get a normal tap and then just get the erator for the boiling water?

Sorry if I don't make sense but it would be great to hear from someone who has had experience with these types of taps.

I am also open to suggestions on brands.

xx
I love saving money but I love spending money even more!

Web Designer & Internet Marketing Consultant Based in Wiltshire.

Comments

• CKdesigner
    CKdesigner Posts: 1,234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Yes it can sometimes be quite complicated with all the different tap options.

If you are having a water softner and you still want filtered drinking water then I think the best system would be to have a Franke trispray main tap with the pull out spray and the filtered outlet. Then for the boiling water, I think you can't beat a Quooker tap. The Trispray are around £700 and the Quooker about £800.

HTH

CK
  • Minnieme_2
    Options
    Hi CK

Thank you for the advice - appreciated!

I was thinking about teaming up a normal tap but with the spray - Perrin and Rowe Orbiq Monobloc Mixer Tap with C Spout and Spray - and then place something like the InSinkErator on the side which gives filtered boiling and cold water.

The Perrin tap costs £336 and the InSinkErator costs £378

Do you know if this brand of boiling water tank sucks and if the system is pain to run? Do I have to replace something every so often and is it worth it?

Sorry to bombard you with questions

Thank you x
    I love saving money but I love spending money even more!

Web Designer & Internet Marketing Consultant Based in Wiltshire.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport