We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Magnetic back belt.

Options
Has anyone heard of, or had experience of one of these?

http://www.shop.naturalhealthcaretoday.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=305

I was given a link to this today, and at the moment I'm so desperate for relief I would be willing to give anything a try :D

The trouble with tese things is, you don't know how helpful they will be unless you buy them.

I'm in loads of pain every time I try and stand up today :( I just wonder if it would be worth sending off for?

I do have a back brace, which I got from the hospital, but that just gives support rather than help with the pain.

Any experiences? I would appreciate hearing how you got on with it :)
There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter

Comments

• Fairfran
    Options
    Hi, magnets are very hit and miss. Some swear by them, others have no effect. However, the heat belts have given us both great relief. Thermacare is the only one that has a big area, and adjustable band. They're not cheap at around a fiver for two, but are a blessing. Hope this helps, you may treat yourself to a magnetic belts' worth of money on some, and see how it goes. I have magnetic bracelets sitting in drawers, having spend £70 on them [only the best!], and sent them onto a cousin, who had equal lack of efficacy with them...:A
  • pipkin71
    pipkin71 Posts: 21,821 Forumite
    Options
    Fairfran wrote: »
    Hi, magnets are very hit and miss. Some swear by them, others have no effect. However, the heat belts have given us both great relief. Thermacare is the only one that has a big area, and adjustable band. They're not cheap at around a fiver for two, but are a blessing. Hope this helps, you may treat yourself to a magnetic belts' worth of money on some, and see how it goes. I have magnetic bracelets sitting in drawers, having spend £70 on them [only the best!], and sent them onto a cousin, who had equal lack of efficacy with them...:A

I've tried the Thermacare, Fairfran, and didn't get any relief :( I have a TENs as well, but it isn't helping tonight :(

I feel desperate for some relief right now :D

If I keep completely still, and don't move my lower half, I'm ok-ish, but it isn't possible to stay completely still :(
    There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you - Beatrix Potter
  • cloud
    cloud Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    A magnet isn't going to make any difference, save your money, lots of sharks out there selling snake oil
  • FROSTYFRECKLE
    Options
    My husband has the magnetic shoulder strap, which he finds a help when the TENS machine isn't "masking" the pain. His pain is from a neurological condition and a spinal condition. We have thought about buying a belt for him as he refuses to take pain meds (they induce seizures). Don't know if it will work but if you are like us, you'll try anything to get some relief.
  • cyberbob
    cyberbob Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Magnetic belts are up there with astrology really.

My wife uses biofreeze which she finds can help on specific neurological pain.
  • sandy71
    sandy71 Posts: 898 Forumite
    Options
    My friend has a bracelet and she swears it works. Maybe it's one of those things that doesn't work for everyone. Even if its a psychological thing if it works does it matter.
    Could you start with the bracelet as they are cheaper and see if it helps?
    Sealed Pot Challenge Member NO. 853 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family