Do I have any rights??

Options
Hello,

I purchased a dress from the ted baker section of House of Fraser (Oxford Street) via the phone on Saturday 02nd January. I paid by credit card and the total cost was £37.00. I didn't pay any extra for the postage as I was advised that it would be sent free of charge. I still haven't received the item and called yesterday and the person I spoke to said she would look into it and get back to me. Needless to say she didn't so I called again and spoke to the assistant manager today, who said she will call me back tonight. Do I have any rights if they say the item was sent? I know it could just be caught up in the post but I have received items that where sent after 02/01/2010 OK.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• mariecc_2
    mariecc_2 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Sending the item to you is not proof you have received it....

They must provide you with a signature of receipt with your name on it..

My son had this happen to him at xmas, the delivery company they used said they had a signature. As my son and wife were both at work this was impossible... he called the company direct, they resent the item....

let me know how you get on..

One other thing have they had the money for the order?
  • mariecc_2
    mariecc_2 Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    Sending the item to you is not proof you have received it....

They must provide you with a signature of receipt with your name on it..

My son had this happen to him at xmas, the delivery company they used said they had a signature. As my son and wife were both at work this was impossible... he called the company direct, they resent the item....

let me know how you get on..

One other thing have they had the money for the order
  • samblack
    Options
    Thank you for replying. Yes they took the money straight away. Turns out after many phone calls they hadn't even sent the item in the first place!! I am going to go and collect it from the store myself at the weekend now. Thanks again for replying.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure