Help with MBNA cr. card

Options
Hi everyone,

I want to apply for MBNA credit card (because of my business I'm starting) and do transfer from another cr. card. But I don't want to pay transfer fee. Could I do it the way that I apply and a few days later I ask for money transfer?
Please help, I don't want to pay more money.
taj:confused:
DMP started 2/2007
DMP Mutual support #136
DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:

Comments

• M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I want to apply for MBNA credit card (because of my business I'm starting) and do transfer from another cr. card. But I don't want to pay transfer fee. Could I do it the way that I apply and a few days later I ask for money transfer?
    Please help, I don't want to pay more money.
    taj:confused:

I am not sure exactly what you are asking, as it is not very clear. If you are asking wether you can do a money transfer to your curret account free of charge, then no. The fee is 3% uncapped for new MBNA customers.
  • tomandjerry
    tomandjerry Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    M_Thomson wrote:
    I am not sure exactly what you are asking, as it is not very clear. If you are asking wether you can do a money transfer to your curret account free of charge, then no. The fee is 3% uncapped for new MBNA customers.

I'm not a MBNA customer just yet. When I had a look at shuffling with c.c. there was a suggestion to apply for a c.c. and apply for money transfer without paying a fransfer fee. I'm not sure if it does apply to MBNa c.c.
    taj
    DMP started 2/2007
    DMP Mutual support #136
    DFD July 2013 May 2024 Oct 2017 Feb 2017 April 2017...t's complicated :eek::eek:
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not a MBNA customer just yet. When I had a look at shuffling with c.c. there was a suggestion to apply for a c.c. and apply for money transfer without paying a fransfer fee. I'm not sure if it does apply to MBNa c.c.
    taj

I know you don't have an MBNA card If you read my post above, I said that there is a 3% fee for money transfers when you are a new MBNA customer.
  • Saucepot
    Saucepot Posts: 12,322 Forumite
    Options
    Last couple of times I transfered a debt I was told that the transfer fee didn't apply if you applied for the transfer at the time you applied for the card. One of those was Virgin, an MBNA card. My balance was tranfered without fee and I got 9 months at 0%. They were nice to deal with and I thought the customer service was good. Not sure of current offer.
    I wonder why it is, that young men are always cautioned against bad girls. Anyone can handle a bad girl. It's the good girls men should be warned against.-David Niven
  • Debras_Angel
    Options
    We received a MBNA card that we hadn't applied for and my OH phoned up to say cancel the card. On discussion we ended up moving a balance from our mint card as he offered us 9 months interest free and waived the fee as well without us asking for it.

I was concerned that we would be charged the fee but he gave us his details and extension number, but we had no problems with any fees or the transfer.

As saucepot says the customer service was excellent. I would give them a call and see how you go.

Debs
  • wolvesinwales
    wolvesinwales Posts: 2,255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just received a new offer from MBNA on my existing account - 0% until December 2006.
    There is a 3% fee but this is capped at £75. I have an AOL linked card so get AOL reward points which will equate to at least 4 months free broadband subscription saving at least £72 if i take a transfer of £11,000. So basically the transfer will be free.
    For a change i will use half the money in premium bonds and the rest as normal i will do an overpayment on my flexible mortgage.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport