We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Having trouble with sons school...

Options
2»

Comments

• kingfisherblue
    Options
    Unfortunately I have heard many instances of SENCOs who do not do their job properly. The SENCO at my son's school was as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Can I suggest that you contact Parent Partnership? Your local council or carer's centre will be able to give you the number. They will be able to attend meetings with you and ensure that the school are aware of their responsibilities. They wioll treat you as an individual and give you as much help as you need.

Good luck x
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You've gone to the LEA now, but it may also be worth making the Chair of Governors aware of the difficulties you are having.

Link for IPSEA.

As for being too old for a statement now, what absolute tosh!

I don't suppose changing schools is an option? If there are alternatives, I'd be at least exploring them.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    getting the chair of governors involved in any meeting is a brilliant idea(i speak as a former governor),they have alot of power in school management now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport