When does an Iva drop off credit file?

Options
This has probably been asked before, but before being declared BR I had an iva, this started in 2004, and for some reason
has a satisfaction date of 2007 (unsure why as was never settled!!) I was told by my IP that the Iva would drop off my credit file 6 years after start of iva-is this correct?
Saving target £6k by Aug 2011
Raised so far £350/£6k

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I was told by my IP that the Iva would drop off my credit file 6 years after start of iva-is this correct?

Yes.........................
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • althas
    althas Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    Yes that is correct
    There are 10 kinds of people that understand binary
    Those that do
    Those that dont
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
  • happychappy74
    Options
    The 6 year info is correct, but that depends on the commencement date, as showing on your credit reports.

I commenced an IVA 04/04/06 and was fortunate enough to finalise it by way of full and final offer 23/07/2009.

Any defaults relating on my credit files SHOULD show as 04/04/06.........However....

Many companies updated the default date as being the date when they updated their own records, sometimes months after the IVA commencement.

EGG went one better by updating the CRA's that the Default date was 23/07/09 (the settlement date) so according to my credit file I defaulted the acount less than 6 months ago. I am chasing this up, but it is dragging on and EGG are clearly being difficult (but it is in hand).

I can appreciate the advice that your IP but you need to get your hands on all 3 agencies reports and check the information listed is accurate. Its the only way you will know for sure.

;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport